"Antelope Island" Antelope Island by Yaqui
Antelope Island Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 43 photos
For centuries Wasatch Indians visited this island frequently for it's game of fish and antelope. It was eventually discovered by the explorer John C. Fremont and Kit Carson in 1845, naming it Antelope Island. In 1848 Fielding Garr settled his family here which was stilll inhabited till the State of Utah bought the property in 1981, making a recreational park for all to enjoy. The island is surround by the Great Salt Lake beauty of inland sea. It has lots to offer the day tripers as well as those who want to venture in camping, biking (8 mile loop), wildlife viewing (antelope, deer, bobcats, coyotes and a huge variety of birds, sailing (marina), and hiking (many trails to enjoy). There is a very nice area for picnicing, bathrooms facilities, sunbathing, and should experience floating like a cork in the salt water. The island even has a eating establishment, but its only open during a certain during the seasons.
- In a nutshell:Very peaceful, beautiful, and relaxing island.
I never realized how much life the Salt Lakes provides! I actually thought it was a completely dead lake. Little did I... more travel advice
I thought DC had a very unique idea of promoting art with all the colorful giant pandas located all over the city. Well... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Antelope Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Antelope Island"
- "Antelope Island, Utah..remote and barren beauty."
- "Antelope Island - Utah"
- "ANTELOPE ISLAND & THE GREAT SALT LAKE"
- "Antelope Island State Park"
- "Antelope Island"
- "Antelope Island, Great Salt Lake, Utah"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antelope Island
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (104)
Have you been to Antelope Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antelope Island
Photos in Antelope IslandSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 278 reviews, 992 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 101 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 248 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 58 reviews, 249 photos