"FORT WORTH" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth by Yaqui

Fort Worth Travel Guide: 896 reviews and 1,888 photos

~ Love This Cowtown ~

I have been blessed to be able to visit this wonderful cowtown recently again. Every time I visit I get to see more and always amazed. What a great city! This page is going to grow by leaps and bounds, so I do not expect anyone to rate all of it, just what attracts your fancy or just to browse. Just know when you come to Fort Worth, there is lots to see, read, and enjoy!

Fort Worth simple beginnings started when it was built in 1849 as a Army outpost to protect the settlers. It was also know for the last major stop of the Chisholm Trail. It was where millions of cattle made their way here before being driven to the North for market. It soon filled up with wild and wooley saloons, gambling parlors and dance halls. Then once the railroads rolled in it was transformed into a major livestock center. Not soon after that once oil was dicovered it became a major center for business.

Ok, I love this cowtown, I can't tell you how much there is to do here and see......Wow! Everytime I come here I try to see more and more. I haven't even begun to see it all. I tell ya this is a great city.

The Lone Star State

My heritage, the Texas Lone Star Flag was adopted on January 24, 1839 as the national flag of the Republic of Texas. The Lone Star Flag represents the fourth of the Six National Flags of the United States. ~ The blue stands for loyalty, white purity, and red for bravery ~

Cowboy's Prayer

Our Gracious and Heavenly Father,
We pause in the midst of this festive occasion, mindful and thoughtful of the guidance that you have given us. We would ask today, Lord, that you be with us in this rodeo arena as we pray you will be also with us in life's arena. As cowboys, Lord, we don't ask for any special favors in this arena today. We only ask that you will let us compete in this event, and in life, as You did for us. We don't ask that we never break a barrier, draw the steer that won't lay, draw around a chute fighting horse, or a bull that is impossible to ride. Help us to compete in life as honest as the horse we ride; in a manner as clean and pure as the wind that blows across this Texas country; so when we make that Last Ride, that we know is inevitable, to the Country Up There.. Where the grass is green and lush and stirrup-high and the water runs clean and clear; You will tell us, as our Last Judge, that our entry fee's are paid. We ask these things in Christ's Name.

• Pros:Lots to see and do. Has some wonderful museums and good old cowtown activities!
  • Cons:Traffic is not great and in the old down town area be careful with the one way streets!
  • In a nutshell:A great city to experience for everyone!
  • Last visit to Fort Worth: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 6, 2011

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Fantastic selection of things to do! I would have to spend some time here just to see those that interest me. Great page!

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:48 AM

Still going on this page. You found some great places for food and good Hotels. Am finding the heritage trail markers really interesting. Lovely page DEE!

Mar 21, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Finished! Fantastic page! I love all those sculptures - so impressive and well done!

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Another place I have never been to in TX! But with a cowgirl museum and a longhorn parade, I really want to go now! Great page I will come back to when I visit there.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
      Jan 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM

There are so many great museums here and the stockyards is awesome. Thanks for stopping by.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Thanks, Dee, for the fantastic virtual tour. Your pages are excellent :)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Hello, Dee! Thanks for presenting your heritage here! It's a brilliant page with lots of detailed and useful stories... Take care!~

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Great new tips, Dee! I have yet to visit Texas but whenever I get there, I'll be going to see Ft. Worth!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2010 at 12:52 PM

After reading your great tips, and sites, I had no idea there were so many gardens and cowboy stuff to see in my trips to here in the old days. Great presentation

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2010 at 6:00 PM

As usual, great tips and pics! Thanks...I'll use some of them when I'm there in February. :-) Ann, TS

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I just made my first trip to Fort Worth not too long ago, and I too enjoyed the Heritage Trails Markers throughout the city.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2010 at 10:53 AM

More new information that's as great as ever.Fort Worth is lucky to have you as a spokeswoman for them...wow and wow and wow. Gardens, museums, architecture, restaurants, history..you have it all. superior in all ways, Dee.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Greeat pages!!. Love the picture on your homepage too!!

Yaqui Visits Here Frequently!

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Fort Worth

Have you been to Fort Worth?

Latest Activity in Fort Worth