"Mount Rushmore National Monument" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Rushmore National Memorial by Yaqui

A Monument Marvel!

Mount Rushmore pays honor to our most revered Presidents of their time George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt and Abraham "Honest Abe" Lincoln. Sculptor Gutzon Borglum created this 5,725 foot monument in 1927. It took him and slew of people 14 years and at the cost of $1 million during its time, which was to honor our Democracy for all to see and enjoy for many generations to come. They have many different type of events during the year so please call or check the schedules that the park services provides. Oh, the Rangers give a wonderful presentation of an evening sculpture lighting ceremony too!

Old George just peeking around the corner

Click on picture to see George better.

• Pros:Its historical and worth the time
  • Cons:Loads of people and be patient in the parking lots
  • In a nutshell:Just one of those amazing things to see
  • Intro Updated Aug 17, 2009

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2012 at 12:39 AM

We were just discussing Mount Rushmore the other day and its location in the USA.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2011 at 6:36 AM

I was just a kid when we went to Mt. Rushmore, I'd love to see it again as an adult now that I know who those guys carved in rock are ;-) Nice page!

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Howdy stranger. Hey Dee, the photo of just George is unique. Nice shot. I must get there.Put it on my bucket list. Say hi to hubby. Larry

• Mar 2, 2011 at 8:11 PM

thanks for an informative page dee. this is one of those places we've all seen as kids in movies/tv etc. i'd love to see it for myself one day! quite a trek from western australia though!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM

This monument looks "Something Special" and I have seen it on TV. How lucky you are to have actually seen it.

• amsor's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Such a wonderfull Monument !

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Dee this is a must visit place for me one day hopefully!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2010 at 5:17 AM

Looks like there have been big changes at Mt. Rushmore since we visited in the '80s! Your page reminds me of how much I'd like to revisit this terrific place! Nice page!

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Fantastic place!!! I really like to go there when I'll go in USA!

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I was inspired to go to New York by the film North by Northwest - I hope I can complete the movie one day and visit Mount Rushmore. Thanks for the tips.

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Mount Rushmore National Memorial

Have you been to Mount Rushmore National Memorial?

Photos in Mount Rushmore National Memorial