""San~Dus~Tee" Sandusky" Top 5 Page for this destination Sandusky by Yaqui
Sandusky Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 215 photos
The first residents were the Seneca Native Americans. Sandusky means "San Too Chee" or "San~Dus~Tee", meaning "cold water." It become a home of the refugees from the Revolutionary War . Officially established in 1818 and grew due to its lakefront location in Sandusky Bay with access to Lake Erie. What is interesting about the beautiful downtown is some of the streets were planned to be in the shape of the Masonic lodge symbol called the The Kilbourne Plat. Straight from the City of Sandusky, "has some the most beautiful collections of historic architecture in the Midwest."
There is a lot to be said about the manhole covers in cities, because they are a wonderful piece of history. This is a lovely example of the pride a city took to even decorate their manhole cover usually with the city seal and date.
- In a nutshell:A city with beautiful historical buildings and the bay!
Fire Station No.1 is listed on the National Register of Historic Places #178496 October 20, 1982, Architectural style... more travel advice
The marker reads: Front Text : "Magee Marsh Wildlife Area - A Feature of the Great Black Swamp" A dense swamp forest... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Sandusky Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""San~Dus~Tee" Sandusky"
- "Home to Cedar Point & the Lake Erie Islands"
- "Welcome to the North Coast!"
- "Randall_Burt's Cedar Point Page."
- "Dianna's Sandusky page"
- "Cedar Point"
- "Sandusky, Ohio"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sandusky
- Hotels in Sandusky
- Transportation in Sandusky
- Restaurants in Sandusky
- Warnings and Dangers in Sandusky
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sandusky
- 32 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (207)
Have you been to Sandusky?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sandusky
Photos in SanduskySee All Photos (120)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 300 reviews, 1153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 99 reviews, 380 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 111 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 83 reviews, 321 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos