"~Port Clinton~" Port Clinton by Yaqui
Port Clinton Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 47 photos
In 1824 New York statesman, DeWitt Clinton proposed building a canal from Portage River Sandusky Ohio to Cincinnati. Yet, in 1827 Ezekiel Smith Haines bought the last remaining 1212 acres. The platting work was done by General Lytle, Ezekiel, and Elias Haines, O.M. Spencer and others of the village of Port Clinton and completed in 1828. Ezekiel Haines named this town Port Clinton after the DeWitt Clinton since he wished to honor "the Father of the Erie Canal" since he passed away four months before the platting was completed of the town.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful and historic~
We brought our Mom here because she loves these types of places. It is a store filled with all sorts of varieties of... more travel advice
I have never heard of this, but seeing it was pretty cool. New York drops the big apple, Port Clinton drops the Big... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Port Clinton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Port Clinton~"
- "A time and a place to get away from it all"
- "Port Clinton, OH"
- "AK's Port Clinton Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Clinton
- Hotels in Port Clinton
- Nightlife in Port Clinton
- Restaurants in Port Clinton
- Shopping in Port Clinton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Clinton
- 11 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (197)
Have you been to Port Clinton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Clinton
Photos in Port ClintonSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 290 reviews, 1091 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 95 reviews, 345 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 308 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos