"~Dayton~" Top 5 Page for this destination Dayton by Yaqui
Dayton Travel Guide: 274 reviews and 803 photos
Founded in 1796 and named after Jonathan Dayton, who owned was a captain in the American Revolutionary War and one of the signatories of the U.S. Constitution. Much like many communities during the 1820's, hand dugout canals were established to be connect to waterways to help easy the transportation of exchanging of goods and so Dayton grew.
Today, Dayton is a vibrant city the filled the arts and culture. Mostly know for being the birthplace of aviation. Here Wilbur and Orville Wright from there bicycle shop researched and built the world's first power-driven machine which eventually lead to the invention of the Kitty Hawk that flew in North Carolina. Dayton is also where Paul Dunbar who was a famed writer wrote some wonderful works of poems, plays, and stories.
It is also home of many of its historical buildings known as Dayton's Oregon Historic District. A 12-block neighborhoold bordered by 5th Street, Wayne Avenue, US 35, and Patterson Boulevard.
- In a nutshell:A city vibrant with Aviation History and Literary Works!
In 1924, the Dayton Air Service Committee acquired Tate Hill, as part of the 4,500 acres it donated to the U.S.... more travel advice
This park is located outside near the main museum complex. It features many wonderful aircraft, the World War II 8th Air... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Dayton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dayton Ohio"
- "Dayton - Home of the Brothers Wright"
- "Dayton, Ohio"
- "National Museum of the United States Air Force"
- "Dayton: the city of my college years - GO UD!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dayton
- Hotels in Dayton
- Transportation in Dayton
- Nightlife in Dayton
- Restaurants in Dayton
- Shopping in Dayton
- Warnings and Dangers in Dayton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dayton
- 12 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (201)
Have you been to Dayton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dayton
Photos in DaytonSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 290 reviews, 1093 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 95 reviews, 345 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 308 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos