"~ Niagara Falls ~" Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls by Yaqui
Niagara Falls Travel Guide: 492 reviews and 1,275 photos
Niagara falls are about 12,000 years old. It once was seven miles down stream from where it is today and as the layer of rock continues to change from the continuing pressure of water. The falls will change again in time moving up stream once more. Gosh, this is just an amazing fact. Here are some more.
Height 180 ft (56 m)
Width 1060 ft (320 m)
Volume of flow 10% of total
Height 170 ft (54m) Width 2200 ft (675m)
Volume of flow 90% of total
Breath taking and if you plan stay the night.
Just can't believe the grandeur of something so spectacular mother nature has created.
I suggest you should stay on the Canadian side because they have a lot more accommodations with stunning views of the falls from the hotels. Lots of things to do during the day and night downtown.
The landscaping when we visited was much prettier on the Canadian side due to the way the landscaped everything. The flowers and all other plant life was simply beautiful.
When we checked into our room on the New York side, the hotel clerk made the comment that is was so dry, it was like living in the desert. Me and my hubby just looked at eachother and started to laugh out loud. She looked at us so funny and we informed her we lived in the Mojave Desert (at that time in Lancaster). "Oh" and giggled herself. I guess during our visit New York was having a bit of a drought and the grass wasn't green as usual. Hmmm, maybe they have tapped into the falls by now?!
- Pros:Just a wonderous sight to see!
- Cons:Hmmm, enjoyed the Candian side a little better.
- In a nutshell:Vist both sides, but the falls it self - SPECTACULAR!
The Horseshoe Falls is the most spectacular of the three falls. Although they are all impressive, Horsehoe is probably... more travel advice
This wonderful bronze statue is of Nikola Tesla located in Niagara Falls State Park in Goat Island. It is a tribute to a... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Niagara Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Niagara Falls NY"
- "Niagara Falls..Wonder of the World"
- "~ Niagara Falls ~"
- "The Mighty Niagara"
- "Niagara Falls, NY"
- "Day-long trips in Niagara Falls State Park"
- "Niagara Falls, USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Niagara Falls
- Hotels in Niagara Falls
- Transportation in Niagara Falls
- Nightlife in Niagara Falls
- Restaurants in Niagara Falls
- Shopping in Niagara Falls
- Warnings and Dangers in Niagara Falls
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Niagara Falls
- 23 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Niagara Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Niagara Falls
Photos in Niagara FallsSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 287 reviews, 1078 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 105 reviews, 346 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 59 reviews, 254 photos