"~ Niagara Falls ~" Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls by Yaqui

Niagara Falls Travel Guide: 492 reviews and 1,275 photos

Such beauty!

Niagara falls are about 12,000 years old. It once was seven miles down stream from where it is today and as the layer of rock continues to change from the continuing pressure of water. The falls will change again in time moving up stream once more. Gosh, this is just an amazing fact. Here are some more.

American Falls
Height 180 ft (56 m)
Width 1060 ft (320 m)
Volume of flow 10% of total

Horseshoe Falls
Height 170 ft (54m) Width 2200 ft (675m)
Volume of flow 90% of total

Breath taking and if you plan stay the night.
Just can't believe the grandeur of something so spectacular mother nature has created.

I suggest you should stay on the Canadian side because they have a lot more accommodations with stunning views of the falls from the hotels. Lots of things to do during the day and night downtown.

See the rainbow:-)

The landscaping when we visited was much prettier on the Canadian side due to the way the landscaped everything. The flowers and all other plant life was simply beautiful.

When we checked into our room on the New York side, the hotel clerk made the comment that is was so dry, it was like living in the desert. Me and my hubby just looked at eachother and started to laugh out loud. She looked at us so funny and we informed her we lived in the Mojave Desert (at that time in Lancaster). "Oh" and giggled herself. I guess during our visit New York was having a bit of a drought and the grass wasn't green as usual. Hmmm, maybe they have tapped into the falls by now?!

The Horseshoe Falls- Canadian side

Breath taking to see it up close

• Pros:Just a wonderous sight to see!
  • Cons:Hmmm, enjoyed the Candian side a little better.
  • In a nutshell:Vist both sides, but the falls it self - SPECTACULAR!
  • Intro Updated Aug 24, 2009

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM

The water keeps flowing and tourists come. Good job of showing the sites

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
      Nov 9, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Thank you for stopping by. Niagara falls is so beautiful. One of Gods wonderful creations. We want to revisit it again.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Wonderful Niagara falls. I visited them before I started on VT and absolutely enjoyed my visit - wish I had taken more photos back then.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Excellent travel page on Niagara Falls, one of our dream tourist destinations in USA. We certainly hope to visit Niagara Falls one day. Skylon Tower and Thomas Hart Benton Mural indeed look amazing from your wonderful photographs. ~ho & pang

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2010 at 8:41 AM

It was February when we visited Niagara - SO COLD!!! but so beautiful, a real winter wonderland. No Maid of the Mist tour for us though - the spray was like needles of ice. Maybe I'll get to see it like this - nice page.

• Zvrlj's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Thank you for visiting our Topola page. I liked your Niagara Falls page very much. Do you know that the same Frano (not Frane) Krsinic's sculpture of Tesla cast in 1963 stands in front of Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Belgrade?

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2009 at 4:52 AM

Hi Dee - Spectacular, indeed - fabulous photos/detail - so sorry I never saw any of this - what an adventure at cave of the wind - Grazie for a delux tour! <(•¿•)>

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Hi Dee, Nice page and brought back memories of our 2007 visit. You mention Lancaster, is it the Lancaster of The Amish people?

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2009 at 1:05 AM

I guess I missed some of these things. Maybe I'll go back some day and set things right! (And thanks for the visit to some of my less visited pages!)

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Great update! Niagara Falls are just amazing, i would love to go there ...

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2009 at 11:42 PM

I'm so jealous of your travels! I've always wanted to see Niagra Falls!! Keep posting :)

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Niagara Falls

Have you been to Niagara Falls?

Latest Activity in Niagara Falls