"Lake Tahoe-Nevada State Parks" Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Tahoe State Park by Yaqui
Lake Tahoe State Park Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 88 photos
Lake Tahoe State Park offers visitors numerous areas with beaches, picnic areas, camping, hiking trails, fishing, and boat launches. Just about every area we visiting was beautiful. They do charge a fee to enter many of the parks, but we paid one fee and it got us into several parks. They are located off of State Route 28 and U.S. 50.
It was once owned by lumber baron Walter Scott Hobart in the 1880’s. He had established the Sierra Nevada Wood & Lumber Company here along this sandy beach coves. Eventually Walter Scott Hobart Jr., inherited his fathers wealth along with all the land. He was known to spend a pretty penny entertaining the celebrities during the day. He planned to build a casino, but instead he worked on building a summer estate, that became known as Thunderbird Lodge. So around 1958 he instead sold off over 5,000 acres to the state, which became the basis of Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park.
- Cons:Roads are narrow thru towns, so traffic is bad!
- In a nutshell:Simple Beautiful!!!!
As a family we always enjoy whatever the state parks systems have to offer and Spooner Lake park as much to offer... more travel advice
Spooner Lake has some beautiful meadows and lovely aspen groves that surround Spooner Lake. The area is very popular for... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Lake Tahoe State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lake Tahoe-Nevada State Parks"
- "Lake Tahoe - A nature's playground and to gamble"
- "A Bounty of trees and nature"
- "RESERVE A HOTEL ROOM OR SLEEP IN YOUR CAR!"
- "Incline Village, Lake Tahoe, Nevada"
- "Lake Tahoe State Park"
- "The Lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Tahoe State Park
- Hotels in Lake Tahoe State Park
- Restaurants in Lake Tahoe State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake Tahoe State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Tahoe State Park
- 5 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Lake Tahoe State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Tahoe State Park
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: Help in regards to a rental..."
- Commented on one of BruceDunning's Lake Tahoe State Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Jeffrey Pines in Lake Tahoe State Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Jeffrey Pines"
- updated a Lake Tahoe State Park Travel Page "Lake Tahoe-Nevada State Parks"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 278 reviews, 992 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 101 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 248 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 58 reviews, 249 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (119)
Latest Lake Tahoe State Park hotel reviews
- The Ridge Tahoe
- 352 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013