"~Goodsprings~" Goodsprings by Yaqui

Goodsprings Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 24 photos

In 1882 gold was discovered in the mountain as well as silver. Like so many mining communities, towns started being established to take advantage of the mining business and those frisky miners. Joseph Good discovered silver in 1861, although he was a cattleman he had the smarts to build a store. He sold the store to Samuel Yount and in 1899 a postoffice was established in the store since the surrounded postal offices in the mining camps were closed and it was officially called Goodsprings. In 1901 mining companies started and the railroad was built by Jean. In 1904 the town re-establishing themselves from being just tents to building homes.

~Coyote Don~

I so enjoy historical walking tours and tours you can explore on your own. Sadly I was pressed for time because my family wanted to get home. Yet, at least they humored me and let me explore a little bit. If you look at the web you can usually find maps and information.

Coyote Don

• Pros:Quiet!
  • In a nutshell:Lovely sparse community~
  • Last visit to Goodsprings: Dec 2009
  • Intro Updated Dec 27, 2010

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM

This town looks like a town one could see in cowboy movies. Lovely :)

• MD2nd's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Amazing place this Goodsprings Cemetery. Wonderful photos you've taken. Thank you for stopping by.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2012 at 4:45 AM

I love that photo of the general store! And the light on the mountains in your photo of the cemetery is beautiful :-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Another of your delightful small, seldom visited locals that you and I so love. Great historical information and sensational photographs.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2011 at 5:19 AM

Very interesting little place! I don't remember the name of this little place, but I remember driving through Jean, Nevada, going to & from Las Vegas. I felt compelled to stop at the casino in Jean & won some money. I think it was due to a Guardian Angel!!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Lots of history there...I enjoy visiting such sites too...

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Nice photos! Looks like an interesting place.

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Goodsprings

Have you been to Goodsprings?

Latest Activity in Goodsprings