"Crystal Bay" Crystal Bay by Yaqui
Crystal Bay Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 13 photos
This area owes its simply beginnings to the logging industry that boomed along with the mining due to the Comstock Lode in Virginia City around the 1800’s. The Sierra Nevada Wood and Lumber Company were operated in this area. Incline Village gotten its name from the incline railway, this is where the wood was taken up 1,400 feet and then dropped by a gravity flume down the eastern side of the mountains.
Crystal Bay gained its famed from the lively Casinos and the individuals who either owned, managed, or visited this area such as Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe, Jack Kennedy and Sam Giancana (the mobster whose presence brought Sinatra's casino adventures to an end) played here in the '60s. You can actually swim from one state to the other in the Cal-Neva Resort's swimming pool.
- Pros:A Beautiful Bay!
- In a nutshell:Stop, explore, hit the slots, and take a pic!
One thing that stands out is a beautiful bronze statue that graces the front of the casino. Sadley the plaque is fading... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Crystal Bay Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Crystal Bay
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Crystal Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Crystal Bay
Photos in Crystal BaySee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 256 reviews, 894 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 97 reviews, 418 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 100 reviews, 326 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 90 reviews, 305 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 81 reviews, 300 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 224 photos