"~Westminster~" Westminster by Yaqui

Westminster Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 22 photos

McDaniel College

William Winchester moved here and purchased 167 acres of land in 1754. It wasn't till in 1764 that he called this community Winchester's Town and made sure to locate it along routes later now known as Route 30, 140, & 26. This helped it grow economically. It changed it named to "Westminster" as to not confuse its name with the community then Winchester Virginia.

What brought me through here was my sister who thought it would be a neat idea to take the scenic way to Gettysburg National Military Park Pa. and so I could see where she went to Western Maryland College, now called McDaniel College. We really enjoyed all the lovely historical structures along the way.

• Last visit to Westminster: Dec 2010
  • Intro Updated Jun 18, 2011

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Your sister seems to have gone to a very pretty college here. I like the memorial chapel which reminds me of some I saw in New England

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2011 at 9:10 AM

since I am originally from Baltimore, I love this part of the country!! thanks for the Virtual Tour of some areas not seen.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Dee, another fine page filled with beautiful architecture, historic information, and spectacular photographs. So nice to be able to share with your sister.

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2011 at 4:25 PM

funny stuff, I grew up in Westminster and accidentally found your new page because it was on the homepage pictures. I worked at western MD college before I moved to Montana!

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Westminster

Have you been to Westminster?

Latest Activity in Westminster