"~Westminster~" Westminster by Yaqui
Westminster Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 26 photos
William Winchester moved here and purchased 167 acres of land in 1754. It wasn't till in 1764 that he called this community Winchester's Town and made sure to locate it along routes later now known as Route 30, 140, & 26. This helped it grow economically. It changed it named to "Westminster" as to not confuse its name with the community then Winchester Virginia.
What brought me through here was my sister who thought it would be a neat idea to take the scenic way to Gettysburg National Military Park Pa. and so I could see where she went to Western Maryland College, now called McDaniel College. We really enjoyed all the lovely historical structures along the way.
This stone is really neat because on each side is dedicated to the graduating classes of 1883-1886. It must had a... more travel advice
Built in 1920 as a separate school to prepare ministers for the Methodist Protestant Church. It housed the seminary... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Westminster Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Westminster, Maryland - My adopted hometown"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Westminster
- Restaurants in Westminster
- Warnings and Dangers in Westminster
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Westminster
- 10 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (201)
Have you been to Westminster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Westminster
Photos in WestminsterSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 290 reviews, 1093 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 99 reviews, 377 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 111 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 83 reviews, 321 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos