"Fort Walton Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Walton Beach by Yaqui

Fort Walton Beach Travel Guide: 155 reviews and 385 photos

Make some new trails!

Was given another wonderful opportunity to visit and enjoyed myself once again. The meeting for work were very long, but at least when I went back to my condo I had the best view of the beach that anyone can imagine. Even though it was cold some days and rainy I enjoyed my stay. The food was great and my co-workers were awesome. I have never laughed so much in such a long time. I still had lots of homework to do, but at least I felt relaxed finally. Did some more sightseeing, so I hope you enjoy my page. Each time I adventure out to a new place, it just makes me want to do more. So happy trailes everyone and may you make some new paths for others to follow and enjoy!!

Fort Walton was known both as Brooks Landing when John Thomas Brooks and his family settled here in 1868 and Camp Walton for the Civil War encampment by the Walton Guards. It was renamed Fort Walton when a Civil War cannon was discovered in 1932 and excavated from an Indian mound in the present downtown area on Santa Rosa Sound. In the last two decades, growth in Fort Walton Beach has slowed, and today the City looks towards innovative and exciting ways to bring the spirit of yesterday into the plans of today and tomorrow.

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Beautiful White Sand

This was in 2004 my last visit: Gosh, what can I say about the beautiful white sand and emerald waters! Except it rained the whole damn time......lol! Still I had a great time there and met some wonderful special people!;-))) My hotel was next to the Gulfarium, so instead of waking up to rooster crowing, I woke up seashore style. Moaning Seals........LOL! Gotta to love it:-)))))

Here's To Meeting Great Friends!!!

I will tell you, everyone I came in contact with was so friendly and helpful. This made for a very nice visit!

• Pros:Lots of things to do, stay, eat, and just have fun...Wow!
  • Cons:Traffic was bad even in the winter months...summer yikes!
  • In a nutshell:Still want to visit again!
  • Last visit to Fort Walton Beach: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated May 5, 2006

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2014 at 1:41 AM

An interesting town to visit. Plenty of different things to see and do, or just relax on the beach. Lovely page Dee!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2012 at 4:02 AM

Really nice beach. I always like to walk along piers and Walton Beach has a nice one.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2012 at 3:18 AM

What a wonderful beach :) And I enjoy your photos and stories about the Indians.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Hi, Dee!~ Thanks for your story about Fort Walton Beach!~

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Enjoyed your page Dee, I like all places by the sea. You are lucky the company you work for has these conference getaways.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I have to say I appreciated your "warning" post because some of us on here are single women travelers and it's always good to know our surroundings. And on a side note, I LOVE Howl at the Moon!! I've been to the one in Houston, Chicago and New Orleans and it's been such a neat time! Have a great week :)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Very interesting reading Dee. The Temple Mound sounds fascinating and sunsets over the sea always appeal, as do tasty shrimp dinners :-)

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Wonderful Fort Walton Beach page with excellent restaurants tips! The Gulfarium and Indian Temple Mound Museum sound interesting to visit and explore. Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I enjoyed your pages. Beautiful sunset picture!!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2009 at 7:55 PM

What a lucky break to travel to Florida for work! Heard of this town but this is the first time I've seen pictures. Great tips!

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Fort Walton Beach

Have you been to Fort Walton Beach?

Photos in Fort Walton Beach