"Fort Walton Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Walton Beach by Yaqui
Fort Walton Beach Travel Guide: 156 reviews and 393 photos
Was given another wonderful opportunity to visit and enjoyed myself once again. The meeting for work were very long, but at least when I went back to my condo I had the best view of the beach that anyone can imagine. Even though it was cold some days and rainy I enjoyed my stay. The food was great and my co-workers were awesome. I have never laughed so much in such a long time. I still had lots of homework to do, but at least I felt relaxed finally. Did some more sightseeing, so I hope you enjoy my page. Each time I adventure out to a new place, it just makes me want to do more. So happy trailes everyone and may you make some new paths for others to follow and enjoy!!
Fort Walton was known both as Brooks Landing when John Thomas Brooks and his family settled here in 1868 and Camp Walton for the Civil War encampment by the Walton Guards. It was renamed Fort Walton when a Civil War cannon was discovered in 1932 and excavated from an Indian mound in the present downtown area on Santa Rosa Sound. In the last two decades, growth in Fort Walton Beach has slowed, and today the City looks towards innovative and exciting ways to bring the spirit of yesterday into the plans of today and tomorrow.
Fort Walton Beach, Fl
This was in 2004 my last visit: Gosh, what can I say about the beautiful white sand and emerald waters! Except it rained the whole damn time......lol! Still I had a great time there and met some wonderful special people!;-))) My hotel was next to the Gulfarium, so instead of waking up to rooster crowing, I woke up seashore style. Moaning Seals........LOL! Gotta to love it:-)))))
I will tell you, everyone I came in contact with was so friendly and helpful. This made for a very nice visit!
- Pros:Lots of things to do, stay, eat, and just have fun...Wow!
- Cons:Traffic was bad even in the winter months...summer yikes!
- In a nutshell:Still want to visit again!
On the historical walking tour, you can get a map from the Indian Temple Mound Museum. The plaque above the door... more travel advice
This on the historical walking tour, you can get a map from the Indian Temple Mound Museum. The first church was a... more travel advice
- See All Oklaoosa Island Boardwalk
- See All Coca Cola & Nascar - what a combination!
- Historical areas use caution!
Yaqui's Related Pages
Fort Walton Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fort Walton Beach"
- "Off Season"
- "fort walton beach florida"
- "Fort Walton Beach"
- "The Emerald Coast"
- "Ft. Walton Beach"
- "Basaic Fort Walton Beach Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Walton Beach
- Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
- Transportation in Fort Walton Beach
- Nightlife in Fort Walton Beach
- Restaurants in Fort Walton Beach
- Shopping in Fort Walton Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Walton Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Walton Beach
- 26 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (219)
Have you been to Fort Walton Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Walton Beach
- Posted in Travel Long Beach Forum "Re: Where to stay?"
- updated a Fort Walton Beach Travel Page "Fort Walton Beach"
- Wrote a Review Little Chapel in Vandegriff Park in Fort Walton Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Little Chapel in Vandegriff Park"
- Commented on one of doug48's Fort Walton Beach travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 300 reviews, 1153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 99 reviews, 380 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 111 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 83 reviews, 321 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos