"Ventura - What Sunsets!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ventura by Yaqui
Ventura Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 363 photos
My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones during 2005 mud slides. God Bless!
This was taken of the historic pier. This pier is well loved by many. Many locals or not fish from here! Some awesome views from here too!
Ventura first residents were that of the Chumash Indians well over 1,500 years ago. As the plains Indians cherished the buffalo the Chumash cherished the sea and all it provided for them. They were expert to the sea, as the plains Indians were on a horse. Ventura got its name from the historic Mission San Buenaventura that was established here in 1782. It didn't start to grow till statehood was established in 1850 and it really boomed in the 1920's when oil was discovered. There are many very old historic buildings still standing do to the tribute of the wide ethnic culture that gave Ventura it's "real charm!"
We love the beach here because it is clean and always very pretty here. I really like the San Buenaventura State Park. They charge a fee for entrance, but it is worth it because they provide clean restrooms, showers and restrooms near the beach, a wonderful path for biking, skating, or walking. Plenty of shade trees, barbeques and picnic tables. Ample parking too!
- Pros:Beautiful beach, great weather, & lots to see!
- Cons:Parking is not great!
- In a nutshell:A great place to visit!
Here is Figueroa Plaza, Figueroa and Santa Clara streets and, just off of Main Street across from the San Buenaventura... more travel advice
This parking facility has ample parking for the public. Although they say they have plenty of parking it is nice to know... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Ventura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Buenaventura or Just Plain Ventura"
- "Ventura - What Sunsets!"
- "San Buenaventura or, as we know it, Ventura"
- "My True Love lives in Ventura, California!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ventura
- Hotels in Ventura
- Transportation in Ventura
- Nightlife in Ventura
- Restaurants in Ventura
- Shopping in Ventura
- Warnings and Dangers in Ventura
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ventura
- 25 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Ventura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ventura
Photos in VenturaSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 287 reviews, 1078 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 105 reviews, 346 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 59 reviews, 254 photos