"Lights.......Camera............Action!!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Universal City by Yaqui

Universal City Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 539 photos

~Universal City~

Growing up as a California, I have had the good fortune to experience pretty much what southern California has to offer. Now that I am somewhat grown up, I have been finding myself revisiting the places of my youth. Universal Studios was one of those local attractions that I didn’t frequent much. I guess seeing celebrities is a norm for me, because the Antelope Valley area is a haven for a lot of celebrities since they can have their privacy and not be part of that Hollywood glam, but be close enough to drive to their profession in Hollywood area. Every year we like to take the boys somewhere fun and we decided it was time to let them experience Universal Studios, although my oldest has been here a couple of time with the youth centers. My youngest though was all big eyed and had question after question of all the shops and restaurants (City Walk) that you have to walk to, to get to the entrance of the Studios.

My beautiful family!

I remember in the old days once you got in, you lined up right away to get onto the trams and they took you on the back lot tour and then let you off to see the rest of the exhibits. Not anymore. The tram tour is an option, but an option everyone should experience. You get a wonderful view of Universal City. It’s actually a lovely community that enjoys being part of Hollywood, but with staying unincorporated to fend off the taxes of Los Angeles.

My boys having fun!

It was once 235 acres of simple ranch land of the San Fernando Valley that was bought in 1914 by four motion picture powers that formed Universal Motion Picture Manufacturing Company, hence where Universal City eventually got its name. Since then the studios has experience being bought and sold frequently, but that is pretty typical of any business now days to stay afloat. Yet, it keeps changing like a chameleon like most amusement parks to keep up with the changing tides.

• Pros:Lots to see and do here.
  • Cons:Traffic is a drag on the freeways, so take your time!
  • In a nutshell:It's famous for its studios, but lots of other things to do here!
  • Last visit to Universal City: Aug 2007
  • Intro Updated May 11, 2009

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2012 at 5:12 AM

Looks lots of fun Dee.I think Universal Studios are in Sydney, but not here in the West.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2011 at 11:31 AM

I can't wait to be here in June!!!! And Bucca di Peppo is my mom's all time favorite place to eat. :) Thanks for getting me even more excited about my trip with your wonderful page!!

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Dee, just the place for the young and young at heart. Nice tips, just like a brochure. Good job. Larry

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM

looks like they have added a great deal since i visited about 8 years ago. terminator show was great, but i;ve yet to be back

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Wonderful page!!! I've planned to visit it during my stays in LA some years ago but I had only few time and the visit was deleted :( I hope to see it the next time I'll come there!!!

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Excellent Universal City page complete with lovely photographs! Attractions that attract us are undoubtedly Universal Studios and Universal City Walk. We certainly hope to visit Universal City one day. ~ho & pang

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Wonderful pages on Universal City...makes me want to visit again (last time was when kids were barely one year)! This is really an exciting place...Norman :)

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2009 at 4:32 AM

What a fun place to visit.. Great info and pictures.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2009 at 9:57 AM

It's a great place to visit, I see ><><><

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2007 at 8:50 AM

That Special Needs tip is great! You're right, not everyone knows!

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Universal City

Have you been to Universal City?

Latest Activity in Universal City