"Lights.......Camera............Action!!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Universal City by Yaqui
Universal City Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 539 photos
Growing up as a California, I have had the good fortune to experience pretty much what southern California has to offer. Now that I am somewhat grown up, I have been finding myself revisiting the places of my youth. Universal Studios was one of those local attractions that I didn’t frequent much. I guess seeing celebrities is a norm for me, because the Antelope Valley area is a haven for a lot of celebrities since they can have their privacy and not be part of that Hollywood glam, but be close enough to drive to their profession in Hollywood area. Every year we like to take the boys somewhere fun and we decided it was time to let them experience Universal Studios, although my oldest has been here a couple of time with the youth centers. My youngest though was all big eyed and had question after question of all the shops and restaurants (City Walk) that you have to walk to, to get to the entrance of the Studios.
I remember in the old days once you got in, you lined up right away to get onto the trams and they took you on the back lot tour and then let you off to see the rest of the exhibits. Not anymore. The tram tour is an option, but an option everyone should experience. You get a wonderful view of Universal City. It’s actually a lovely community that enjoys being part of Hollywood, but with staying unincorporated to fend off the taxes of Los Angeles.
It was once 235 acres of simple ranch land of the San Fernando Valley that was bought in 1914 by four motion picture powers that formed Universal Motion Picture Manufacturing Company, hence where Universal City eventually got its name. Since then the studios has experience being bought and sold frequently, but that is pretty typical of any business now days to stay afloat. Yet, it keeps changing like a chameleon like most amusement parks to keep up with the changing tides.
- Pros:Lots to see and do here.
- Cons:Traffic is a drag on the freeways, so take your time!
- In a nutshell:It's famous for its studios, but lots of other things to do here!
While on the tram tour they point out all the different backdrop sets that are used in the various movies. One of these... more travel advice
The whole family really enjoyed this show. The effects are wonderful and entertaining. My youngest was so excited and... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Universal City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Universal City Page"
- "The place where movie magic comes alive."
- "A Visit to Universal Studios"
- "This is the House that Laemmle Built"
- "Randall_Burt's new Universal City Page"
- "Movies, Magic, and Monsters"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Universal City
- Hotels in Universal City
- Transportation in Universal City
- Nightlife in Universal City
- Restaurants in Universal City
- Shopping in Universal City
- Warnings and Dangers in Universal City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Universal City
- 26 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Universal City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Universal City
Photos in Universal CitySee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 287 reviews, 1078 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oahu Intro, 97 reviews, 461 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 111 reviews, 374 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos