Tehachapi Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Yaqui Top 5 Page for this destination
Tehachapi Warnings and Dangers: 5 reviews and 9 photos
He is herding his family
We have a wonderful hurd of Elk and deer that are growing by leaps and bounds, but "THEY ARE PROTECTED" So don't come here looking to hunt them or you will be the hunted. They roam at dusk and just before sunrise, so caution is advise for them if you venture more towards Bear Valley or Stallion Springs. They are huge and very "Wild"! So be my guess if you think you can approach one, because we will be scrapping you off the pavement. Please drive slow and be alert!!
Not a happy snake!
If you plan to go hiking anywhere in the mountains be aware of poisonous snakes. It is a bad season for them if we happen to have a lot of rain during the year. Found this one in my backyard! Yikes!!
They love to rest and sleep where it is cool like rocks, trees, logs and anything they can crawl under. At night you need to be careful because that is when they do come out to find cool quarters.
They will only strike if they think they are threaten. "Kind of like you leave me alone, I will leave you alone!"
Yet, we have come across five so far.....yikes! The babies are just as poisonous!
Please keep a eye for stray catttle too while driving around Tehachapi or on Highway 58. They occasionally push their way through the fences to get to the grass on the other side.
Tehachapi still proudly raises cattle and it is very much of our past and future as the trains.
Sheep are still used to graze fields that need to be pruned the old fashion way to fight against brush fires.
The long drives were handled by the majordomo and four or five vaqueros. They started from San Diego when the winter grass reached maturity, and moved from ten to fifteen miles a day along the mission road through Soledad Valley, back of Del Mar, and across Rancho Santa Fe and through to Mission San Luis Rey, and then to San Gabriel. There, they left the mission trail and were taken across Tehachapi Mountains into the San Joaquin Valley. At San Jose and at Sacramento, or along the shores of San Francisco Bay, the cattle were fattened and then sold to supply the demands of the gold market.
More Reviews (80)
- See All Hidden Gem~
- See All Tehachapi Pass Marker~
- See All Chalk on the Walk~Yearly Event
- See All Special gifts~
- See All Tehachap Street Maps
Yaqui's Related Pages
Tehachapi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tehachapi~Land of Many Acorns!"
- "TEHACHAPI "LAND OF FOUR SEASONS""
- "OLD WEST CHARM"
- "Trainspotting - The Loop of Tehachapi"
- "Tehachapi Loop"
- "Tehachapi, Ca. A great place to live!"
- "TEHACHAPI: hOME & FAMILY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tehachapi
- Hotels in Tehachapi
- Transportation in Tehachapi
- Nightlife in Tehachapi
- Restaurants in Tehachapi
- Shopping in Tehachapi
- Warnings and Dangers in Tehachapi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tehachapi
- 83 Reviews
- 321 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 90 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (207)
Have you been to Tehachapi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tehachapi
Photos in TehachapiSee All Photos (321)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 300 reviews, 1153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 99 reviews, 380 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 111 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 83 reviews, 321 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (110)
- The Tehachapi Loop- 3 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Tehachapi Mountain Park- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Mourning Cloak Ranch and Botanical Gardens- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- Tehachapi Depot Railroad Museum- 2 Reviews, 8 Photos
- HISTORICAL MURALS- 2 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Chalk on the Walk~Yearly Event- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- TUSCANY IN TEHACHAPI-SOUZA FAMILY VINEYARD- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Historical History Walk- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Indian Point Ostrich Ranch- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- BeeKay Theatre- 1 Review, 5 Photos
See All Tehachapi Things to Do