"Santa Paula" Santa Paula by Yaqui
Santa Paula Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 185 photos
This is a Fig tree just across from the old train depot. Gosh, see how huge it i! See my hubby just below in blue by the trunk. Just amazing!!
During a much simpler time, ten thousands years ago the lands was cherished by a wonderful advanced people called the Chumash Indians that stretched from as far as Malibu to San Luis Obispo. They had a much enriched culture that is still seen in their paintings on the rocks. Santa Paul is the site of their main Indian village called, Mupu.
It is these people who are the descendants of this area. You can look all about you and see their heritance among them. I am proud to be part of it! :-)
Orchards and farms soon started to pop up making it a vast producer of rich products. Soon Santa Paula started developing like most towns as a railroad stop because of progress, but soon bustled and hustled as a growing community because of its rich soil and oil. Nathan Blanchard and Elisa Bradley established the first flour, The Mill and laid out the first map of the town in 1877. As soon as the railroad headed in, so did progress and town growth and importance to the state of California!
Please checkout Doug's aka Tougboatguy Santa Paula page. It's a great page!
- Pros:Such a lovely little community!
- Cons:Streets are a little confusing, but they are old.
- In a nutshell:A wonderful place to see and enjoy:-)
This is another beautiful center piece in the historical downtown area. They show this tower by appointment only. They... more travel advice
Don't forget to go to the back of the building outside in a another building because you will miss an authentic oil... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Santa Paula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santa Paula- Citrus Fruit Capital of the World!"
- "Santa Paula"
- "Santa Paula, California"
- "Incredible Outdoor Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Paula
- Hotels in Santa Paula
- Transportation in Santa Paula
- Restaurants in Santa Paula
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Paula
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Paula
- 15 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (200)
Have you been to Santa Paula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Paula
Photos in Santa PaulaSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 290 reviews, 1093 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 95 reviews, 345 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 308 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos