"Long Beach~" San Pedro by Yaqui

San Pedro Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 206 photos

Queen Mary~The Grey Ghost

I use to come down here during my very young adult life. We use to ride a motorcycles down here all the time back then. That was before kids. How much this area has changed. So much to see and do here. You have to visit.

For centuries the Tongva people lived here until in the sixteenth and the 19th century Spanish explorers arrived bringing missions, but sadley the population dropped being exposed to European diseases. Two Spanish grand rancho's settled here and thrived. In 1843, the Temple family bought Rancho Los Cerritos. In 1866 he sold it to a Sheep Ranch Flint Bixby & Co. It was later sold to the Long Beach Land & Water Company and in 1888 the city was incorporated and barring the name of Long Beach.

• Pros:Lots to see and do here~
  • Cons:Traffic!
  • In a nutshell:A unseen treasure!
  • Intro Updated Mar 29, 2013

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM

A very interesting page! I'd like to visit a maritime museum and see the Battleship USS Iowa and amazing statue (I didn't see the original in San Diego).

• hopang's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Great and wonderful San Pedro travel page. San Pedro certainly has a lot to offer to tourists. We especially like the Marina and Whalers Walk. Thanks for your virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2013 at 6:10 AM

I would love to take the tour of the USS Iowa. Last fall I was in Toulon and saw some of the present-day ships of the French navy, but from a distance only. They look quite different now, to make them nearly invisible to radar.

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM

love that point fermin lighthouse, great building. so much of the coast is beautiful and well developed, pretty pictures.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
      Apr 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Pt. Fermin was where I lived when I first returned to the US from 8 yrs in Australia; there was nothing there then, but I loved it! I must get up there to see what it is like now.....

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
      May 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Hi Dee, San Pedro looks a wonderful place to visit, something for everyone, history modern & old Spanish, WW11 naval , and what I enjoy most is the sea & pier.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Hi, Dee! Thanks for your very comprehensive and inspirational travel pages! It's always a pleasure to read them!

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in San Pedro

Have you been to San Pedro?

Latest Activity in San Pedro