"Long Beach~" San Pedro by Yaqui
San Pedro Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 203 photos
I use to come down here during my very young adult life. We use to ride a motorcycles down here all the time back then. That was before kids. How much this area has changed. So much to see and do here. You have to visit.
For centuries the Tongva people lived here until in the sixteenth and the 19th century Spanish explorers arrived bringing missions, but sadley the population dropped being exposed to European diseases. Two Spanish grand rancho's settled here and thrived. In 1843, the Temple family bought Rancho Los Cerritos. In 1866 he sold it to a Sheep Ranch Flint Bixby & Co. It was later sold to the Long Beach Land & Water Company and in 1888 the city was incorporated and barring the name of Long Beach.
- Pros:Lots to see and do here~
- In a nutshell:A unseen treasure!
San Pedro has so many beautiful variety of trees and the Moreton Bay are ancient especially in Point Fermin... more travel advice
As with many pier areas, it was obvious there are many areas you should stay clear off. They built the pier so everyone... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
San Pedro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Long Beach~"
- "San Pedro, an Urban Original by the Sea"
- "Jumping Around Cabrillo, San Pedro!"
- "San Pedro: What A Surprise"
- "San Pedro"
- "Great views of the harbor and Catalina"
- "The Place of Begining"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Pedro
- Hotels in San Pedro
- Transportation in San Pedro
- Restaurants in San Pedro
- Warnings and Dangers in San Pedro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Pedro
- 26 Reviews
- 132 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to San Pedro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Pedro
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 290 reviews, 1091 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 150 reviews, 525 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 97 reviews, 461 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 95 reviews, 345 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 308 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos