"Hub Cap Capital of the World!!" Pearsonville by Yaqui
Pearsonville Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 9 photos
As with any trip, I get my atlas out and check out all the little communities along the way. I did a little bit of research and decided I wanted to check out this little place and I am glad I did. It reminds me of all the hokie places during the 60’s along Route 66. What I could gather from the info on the web sites, is that it was like one of those places that was surreal. Some thought having a play ground was kind of creepy with no children, but I disagree. I think this little playground it always a wonderful idea and put there as a reminder of what is important, our children. What else is very unique is boulder over in the corner past the basket ball court. It is a memorial to the founder of Pearsonville, Andy Pearson. A veteran’s plaque is located on top of this huge boulder, a symbol of the foundation of this community. What better place to be remembered at, a place that holds the echo's of children’s laughter.
This community was started by Andy and Lucy Pearson who left San Fernando to open a restaurant in 1959 and established Pearsonville and the “Worlds Largest Hubcap Collection”. They bought land for their wrecking yard and raised their family. The wrecking yard caters to the 50’s, 60’s, & 70’s vehicle parts and houses that huge collection of hub caps.
Another neat roadside point’s of interest is the 30 ft Lady that is front of where the park is. Also, they have a oval dirt track. Not sure if it is still being used, but you can see the lights, bleachers and announcers boxes.
- Pros:Brings back those baby boomers years!
- Cons:No major shopping or dinning.
- In a nutshell:Little roadside treasures that still survives!
Although, this is mainly a wrecking yard that carters to the 50’s, 60’s, & 70’s vehicle parts and houses that huge... more travel advice
There is a wonderful playground here that I think was put here so people could stop and rest and let the kids burns some... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Pearsonville Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Pearsonville
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Pearsonville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pearsonville
Photos in PearsonvilleSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 278 reviews, 992 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 101 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 248 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 58 reviews, 249 photos