"Hub Cap Capital of the World!!" Pearsonville by Yaqui

Pearsonville Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 9 photos

As with any trip, I get my atlas out and check out all the little communities along the way. I did a little bit of research and decided I wanted to check out this little place and I am glad I did. It reminds me of all the hokie places during the 60’s along Route 66. What I could gather from the info on the web sites, is that it was like one of those places that was surreal. Some thought having a play ground was kind of creepy with no children, but I disagree. I think this little playground it always a wonderful idea and put there as a reminder of what is important, our children. What else is very unique is boulder over in the corner past the basket ball court. It is a memorial to the founder of Pearsonville, Andy Pearson. A veteran’s plaque is located on top of this huge boulder, a symbol of the foundation of this community. What better place to be remembered at, a place that holds the echo's of children’s laughter.

This community was started by Andy and Lucy Pearson who left San Fernando to open a restaurant in 1959 and established Pearsonville and the “Worlds Largest Hubcap Collection”. They bought land for their wrecking yard and raised their family. The wrecking yard caters to the 50’s, 60’s, & 70’s vehicle parts and houses that huge collection of hub caps.

Another neat roadside point’s of interest is the 30 ft Lady that is front of where the park is. Also, they have a oval dirt track. Not sure if it is still being used, but you can see the lights, bleachers and announcers boxes.

• Pros:Brings back those baby boomers years!
  • Cons:No major shopping or dinning.
  • In a nutshell:Little roadside treasures that still survives!
  • Last visit to Pearsonville: Dec 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 18, 2011

• Mar 18, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Thank you for posting this! I have been in need of some heavy duty towing to get rid of some scraps on my yard. I will have to call these guys and get a quote, thank you again for sharing. http://Www.hdtowing.com

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2008 at 9:37 PM

Another incredible introduction, Dee. If you do tips, please let me know so that I will be sure to read them. Glad you did tips because I sure enjoyed reading them!

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Pearsonville

Have you been to Pearsonville?

Latest Activity in Pearsonville