"~ Newhall ~" Newhall by Yaqui
Newhall Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 90 photos
Mr. Henry Mayo Newhall was a very enterprising businessman who bought up land in 1875, for only $2 an acre of the vast 470,000 acres of the Rancho San Francisco, which was owned by Spanish missionaries in the early 1800s. Ranches back then were having a tough time due to drought and was selling off their land. Mr. Newhall was a savvy business and was purchasing default lands loans. It was during this time he sold land to the Southern Pacific's Railroad line because he knew by having a train station would bring commerce, people, and a town. Southern Pacific did move in and the town started popping around the station and it was named, "Newhall."
- Pros:Lots to see!
- Cons:Traffic is not great!
- In a nutshell:Beautiful old community!
Sadly first of all the markers are missing and probably been missing a long time. As young folks we use to ride along... more travel advice
Located within the gates, but just to the left of the guard shelter incase to protect is a real historical horse drawn... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Newhall Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Newhall
- Transportation in Newhall
- Shopping in Newhall
- Warnings and Dangers in Newhall
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newhall
- 25 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to Newhall?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newhall
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 287 reviews, 1078 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 265 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 59 reviews, 254 photos