"~La Mesa~" La Mesa by Yaqui
La Mesa Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 104 photos
Las Mesa, in Spanish means ?The Plateau", but known its locals call it ?Jewel of the Hills?. Founded in 1869 when the lands once belonging to Mission San Diego de Alcalá, it was broken up by the Mexican government. After the Civil War, settlers fluxed in here looking to buy some land to start a farm or ranch and with the discovery of gold, many miners along with their families ended up making this their new home. The town was incorporated as a city in 1912.
We stayed here because it was just around the corner from the church since my sister was getting married. We would had... more travel advice
The originial church was built in 1911. When the church had to grow, they added onto it by building a separate larger... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
La Mesa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~La Mesa~"
- "La Mesa Seems to Have a Split-Personality!"
- "KristinaLMF's new La Mesa page"
- "Small Town Feel - La Mesa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Mesa
- Hotels in La Mesa
- Transportation in La Mesa
- Restaurants in La Mesa
- Shopping in La Mesa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Mesa
- 18 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (219)
Have you been to La Mesa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Mesa
Photos in La MesaSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 300 reviews, 1153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 99 reviews, 380 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 111 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 83 reviews, 321 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos