"Kernville" Kernville by Yaqui
Kernville Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 92 photos
Taken from the California Historical marker: Kernville called Whiskey Flat until 1864, was founded in 1860 when Adam Hamilton a whiskey dealer moved shop here from for more temperature Quartzburg, founded earlier that year. Both camps resulted by the discovery of “The Big Blue Ledge” by Lovely Rogers while tracking a stray mule from the earlier camp of Keyesville.
Please knock before entering:)
This is a excellent museum. Some of the best artifacts and some wonderful friendly volunteers. If you venture this way, please stop here!
We visited here on Mothers Day and many of the other local communities, Onxy, Cottage Grove Cemetery, Lake Isabella, Bodfish (Silver City Ghost Town), and Kernville. Of course my oldest was like, why Mom why?..boo hoo! He got over it once we arrived at some destinations. He enjoyed the cemetery and the museum. He is going thru the typical teenage stuff, so I am giving him some chances before I adopt him out....hee hee! It was a wonderful day with great weather. Still there is so much more to see just in this area. It is on my list:)
- Pros:Lots of wonderful history and antique shopping.
- Cons:Beware of the dangers of the Kern River, hidden dangers!
- In a nutshell:An area to take in the history and beauty:)
This one interesting to see here located in Kerville no less and I am very happy they have one. It is a huge touch... more travel advice
I've listed some more places: Kernville Bear Store 760-376-6405 39 Tobias St, Kernville, Ca Kern River Saloon 20... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Kernville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KikBkK8's new Kernville page"
- "Yubert's Kernville Rafting Trip"
- "Deloitte & Touche Excel Retreat"
- "Ups and downs are more than just in the river."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kernville
- Hotels in Kernville
- Nightlife in Kernville
- Restaurants in Kernville
- Shopping in Kernville
- Warnings and Dangers in Kernville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kernville
- 12 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Kernville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kernville
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 278 reviews, 992 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 101 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 248 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 58 reviews, 249 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (119)
Latest Kernville hotel reviews
- Kern River Inn Bed and Breakfast
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2013