"~~Fort Rosecrans~~" Fort Rosecrans by Yaqui
Fort Rosecrans Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 51 photos
Fort Rosecrans is named after a Union General William Starke Rosecrans from the Civil War. Many of the first interments date back to the California Republic and the Battle of San Pasqual. Fort Rosecrans became a National Cemetery on Oct. 5, 1934. It now housed so many of our veterans from all over the state and United States of America.
Many Fort Rosecrans interments date to the early years of the California Republic, including the remains of the casualties of the Battle of San Pasqual. Shortly after the United States declared war on Mexico in May 1846, Brigadier Stephen W. Kearny was tasked with conquering Mexico's northern provinces, New Mexico and California.
Located to left of the entrance this plaque reads: An Act to establish and to protect National Cemeteries approved... more travel advice
This beautiful monument reads: The address by U.S. President Abraham Lincoln soldiers' National Cemetery in Gettysburg,... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Fort Rosecrans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In Point Loma, A Community of San Diego, Californi"
- "~~Fort Rosecrans~~"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Rosecrans
- Hotels in Fort Rosecrans
- Nightlife in Fort Rosecrans
- Restaurants in Fort Rosecrans
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Rosecrans
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fort Rosecrans
- 9 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Fort Rosecrans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Rosecrans
Photos in Fort RosecransSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 278 reviews, 992 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 101 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 248 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 58 reviews, 249 photos