"Emerald Bay State Park (D.L. Bliss)" Emerald Bay State Park by Yaqui
Emerald Bay State Park Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 33 photos
Home of Washoe Native Americans, who has lived in this area for nearly 10,000 years who were nomads that fished and hunted within the 10,000 square miles of the lake to gather for food preparations to survive the long winter months. Their heritage is still being carried on in the present Washoe Tribe of California by taking part in many operations of business along the lake.
(D. L. Bliss) Emerald Bay & Sugar Pine Point State Park is named after a pioneering lumberman, railroad owner and banker. D. L. Bliss family donated 744 acres to the beautiful state of California in 1929. Emerald Bay is just one of the many gorgeous parks California has to offer and be so proud of. Many of these parks encompass some very historical structures. Such as Vikingsholm’s Castle, Fanette Island and having some wonderful areas for camping, boating, hiking, and even has an underwater park.
- Cons:Roads are narrow, tight curves, and no guard rails!
- In a nutshell:Beautiful!
I believe this was part of the Douglas County Sheriff department. Emergency Dispatch: (775) 782-9911 VHF Radio... more travel advice
Visitors using the Boat Camp facilities must be registered and pay the required fees. There is a self- registration... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Emerald Bay State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Emerald Bay State Park (D.L. Bliss)"
- "Emerald Bay"
- "Emerald Bay State Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Emerald Bay State Park
- Transportation in Emerald Bay State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Emerald Bay State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Emerald Bay State Park
- 8 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (212)
Have you been to Emerald Bay State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Emerald Bay State Park
Photos in Emerald Bay State ParkSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 300 reviews, 1153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 99 reviews, 380 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 111 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 83 reviews, 321 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos