"Dunmovin, Ca" Dunmovin by Yaqui
Dunmovin Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
Dunmovin like so many wonderful little towns popped up along the highways to ensure the weary traveler always had a place to rest, eat, sleep, gas up or sightsee. It is unfortunate that many of these wonderful little towns found themselves being passed by because of the fuel economy vehicles. Although Dunmovin is in decay, it reminds us travelers such as myself what memories it must hold for all those who have stopped and visited this quaint little place.
I know some of these spots are not exactly tourist spots. Yet, I like to seek them out because I think they stilll have lots to offer those who love photography and history. Plus, I do not want them to be forgotten.
This place was once called Cowan Station that would cater to the supply wagons carrying silver from the local mines. When the station was sold in the 1930's, the name was changes to Dunmovin.
Around 1910 many of these Highways that were just dirty roads that the freight wagons created bring in and out personnel for supplies or stage coaches carrying passengers our first tourist. Now paved, they became a life line for so many travelers over the years still carrying supplies and tourist. – So many wonderful historical hotels, restaurants, markets and gas stations started to popping up along the newly paved highways offering anything the weary travelers might need or want. Places like, Homestead, now a fine restaurant, along with nearby Indian Wells Lodge, Nine Mile, Little Lake Hotel, Gill's Oasis, and Dunmovin all grew up to serve the public. Much of Highway 395 in park of these old freight and stage coach trails as many highways.www.maturango.org/Hist.html&http://wikimapia.org/1823739/Dunmovin-CA
- Pros:Still a reminder of those Route 66 days.
- Cons:No services at all.
- In a nutshell:No services, but has lots of beautiful scenery!!
Yaqui's Related Pages
Dunmovin Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dunmovin
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (197)
Have you been to Dunmovin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dunmovin
Photos in DunmovinSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 290 reviews, 1091 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 95 reviews, 345 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 308 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos