"~ Blooming with life!~" Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park by Yaqui
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide: 959 reviews and 2,225 photos
Four separate American Indian cultures have existed in Death Valley. The Nevares Spring People, a group of primitive hunters and seed gatherers about 9000 years ago when lakes still existed in the basin then, the climate was mild and games was plentiful. Four thousand years later the culturally similar Mesquite Flat People replaced the original inhabitants. The third group, the Saratoga Spring People, arrived about 2000 years ago to a dry, hot desert. These more advanced hunters and gatherers created handcrafts and left mysterious, meticulously created stone patterns in the valley. The Desert Shoshone moved into desolate area 1000 years ago. They were nomads, living on game, mesquite beans and pinyon nuts. They camped in the valley near water sources during winter and moved into cooler mountains in summer.
California’s Abandoned Mines - Stay Out - Stay Alive!
The first white people were two groups of emigrants on their way looking for California gold. About 100 people wandered down Furnace Creek Wash in late 1849 while looking for a shortcut to the Mother Lode country. Lost and out of food, the two separate groups were forced to endure severe hardships before they could escape from the desert. Their experience provided the valley with its morbid name.
We pass through heading to Nevada and explored just a bit. Planning another trip before winter is over to see the other side of this spectacular park(2010). Decided to venture out again with all the clan in tow (2005). We had some record rain in southern California, which is bad for many areas, but great for the desert life. Wildflowers will be a record this year, so if your a native Californian you should venture out to the desert and mountains to see them.
- Pros:Beautiful country with lots to see and do.
- Cons:Blazing hot in summer and have respect for the roads!
- In a nutshell:Just take your time and enjoy!
I am a big fan of wild animals, but when they roam in unprotected areas in herds they become an immediate Danger to THEM... more travel advice
Located at the intersection of 374 and 190 is a rest area with a covered pic Nic table, Info, and a shared restroom. The... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Death Valley National Park Page"
- "Death Valley ? No, a valley of flowers !"
- "~ Blooming with life!~"
- "Into the Valley of Death..."
- "Death Valley - Land of Beauty and Contrasts"
- "Death Valley"
- "Death Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Death Valley National Park
- Hotels in Death Valley National Park
- Transportation in Death Valley National Park
- Nightlife in Death Valley National Park
- Restaurants in Death Valley National Park
- Shopping in Death Valley National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Death Valley National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Death Valley National Park
- 38 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Death Valley National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Death Valley National Park
- Posted in Travel Los Angeles Forum "Re: Annual L.A. County Holiday..."
- Wrote a Review Wild Burro's in Death Valley National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wild Burro's"
- updated a Death Valley National Park Travel Page "~ Blooming with life!~"
- Commented on one of mikelisaanna's Death Valley National Park travel pages
Photos in Death Valley National ParkSee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 290 reviews, 1091 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 95 reviews, 345 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 308 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos