"Coso Junction" Coso Junction by Yaqui
Coso Junction Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 13 photos
The area consists only of this rest stop, a small trailer park, some scattered homes, and a local mini mart with gas station. The name Coso means fire in the Native language. This area was very popular due to its natural hot springs, but you cannot access it because it within the boundaries of China Lake Naval Weapons Station and it is said that the springs is also a source of geothermal energy owned by California Energy Company. If anything take a break, stretch your legs and enjoy the beautiful Sierra Mountain Range landscape if you are so incline to stop.
We stopped at Coso Junction because as usual I was curious. Most rest stops have some wonderful displays of information of the local area. Right away we discovered some wonderful displays or I should say some history boards of the Culture Clash and the way the Numu tribe way of life died. It was very interesting and makes me so sad. Yet, history that must be told and educate the young of this areas history.
Dedicated to all that are in the Armed Forces that defend our great country!
- Pros:Rest stop, educational, and a place to refresh!
- Cons:out in the middle of the desert.
- In a nutshell:You never know what you may find!!!!
I have heard and read about these markers, but this is the first time I have seen one. So this rest stop is even more... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Coso Junction Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Coso Junction
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Coso Junction?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coso Junction
Photos in Coso JunctionSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 256 reviews, 894 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 97 reviews, 418 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 100 reviews, 326 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 90 reviews, 305 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 81 reviews, 300 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 224 photos