"~~ Coronado ~~" Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado by Yaqui
Coronado Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 738 photos
Lots of shops, restaurants, beach shores, and beautiful weather!!!!
Coronado didn't start to develope till two retired business men decided to build Hotel Coronado in 1885 who had to developed the island to make inhabital and brought in water, electricity, a ferry and a rail system on the island. They even planted the old trees you may notice still thriving every where. Hotel Cornando soon became the "the talk of the Western World" with offering first class grand service. It has been visited by Presidents, Royalty, and countless celebrities. It has been the backdrop of so many famous movies like for example with Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, and Jack Lemmon "Some Like It Hot". I love this movie still. You must visit!
History of Coronado
I visit here probaby twice a year since this is my sister's favorite spot. They have one of the best beaches in California.
Update! Since this lovely photo of some of the most important people in my life. My little neice has since married and has three children. They are all just as adorable as she is and so is her wonderful hubby. I visit them often.
Ahhh.....I think my sis and my neice are movie star want-ta-bees.....LOL!
It was a lovely day, my niece just graduated from one of San Diego University, we had a lovely lunch and went exploring. We explored the whole hotel. It was a bit crowded, but we enjoyed our time. A really beautiful area.
Hotel Coronado - It also made famous because of the Ghost of Kate Morgan. She checked in in 1892 depondent and weak. Five days later her lifeless body was found on the exterior hotel staircase. It was assumed she claimed her own life. So sad:-( If I could hug her I would. She is still being seen strolling the halls ways of Hotel Coronado to this day.
Haunted Hotels- Kate Morgan ?Beautiful Stranger.?
- Pros:Just a very beautiful area!!
- In a nutshell:I think everyone should visit. Great place to explore!
Located in front of Hotel del Coronado along Orange Ave is the Coronado's Clock by E. Howard estimated early 1900's, the... more travel advice
Located on Churchill Place off Orange Avenue is a beautiful Queen Anne style home that was built in 1888 by a Mr.... more travel advice
- See All Local favorite!
- See All Gourmet
- See All Hidden gem!
- See All Kirk House 1894
Yaqui's Related Pages
Coronado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Coronado City, Beach and North Island"
- "~~ Coronado ~~"
- "The most beautiful area of San Diego County!"
- "The Crowned One"
- "Resort town that only gets better"
- "Coronado, CA"
- "A state of mind ... Coronado is ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coronado
- Hotels in Coronado
- Transportation in Coronado
- Nightlife in Coronado
- Restaurants in Coronado
- Shopping in Coronado
- Warnings and Dangers in Coronado
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coronado
- 44 Reviews
- 159 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (219)
Have you been to Coronado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coronado
Photos in CoronadoSee All Photos (159)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 300 reviews, 1153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 99 reviews, 380 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 111 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 83 reviews, 321 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos