"~~ Coronado ~~" Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado by Yaqui

Coronado Travel Guide: 283 reviews and 688 photos

Lots to do and see here!:-)

Lots of shops, restaurants, beach shores, and beautiful weather!!!!

Coronado didn't start to develope till two retired business men decided to build Hotel Coronado in 1885 who had to developed the island to make inhabital and brought in water, electricity, a ferry and a rail system on the island. They even planted the old trees you may notice still thriving every where. Hotel Cornando soon became the "the talk of the Western World" with offering first class grand service. It has been visited by Presidents, Royalty, and countless celebrities. It has been the backdrop of so many famous movies like for example with Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, and Jack Lemmon "Some Like It Hot". I love this movie still. You must visit!

History of Coronado
Coronado City

I visit here probaby twice a year since this is my sister's favorite spot. They have one of the best beaches in California.

Movie Stars?

Update! Since this lovely photo of some of the most important people in my life. My little neice has since married and has three children. They are all just as adorable as she is and so is her wonderful hubby. I visit them often.

Ahhh.....I think my sis and my neice are movie star want-ta-bees.....LOL!

It was a lovely day, my niece just graduated from one of San Diego University, we had a lovely lunch and went exploring. We explored the whole hotel. It was a bit crowded, but we enjoyed our time. A really beautiful area.

Peek-a-boo!

Hotel Coronado - It also made famous because of the Ghost of Kate Morgan. She checked in in 1892 depondent and weak. Five days later her lifeless body was found on the exterior hotel staircase. It was assumed she claimed her own life. So sad:-( If I could hug her I would. She is still being seen strolling the halls ways of Hotel Coronado to this day.

Haunted Hotels- Kate Morgan “Beautiful Stranger.”

• Pros:Just a very beautiful area!!
  • Cons:Traffic....yuk!!
  • In a nutshell:I think everyone should visit. Great place to explore!
  • Last visit to Coronado: Mar 2014
  • Intro Updated Mar 27, 2014

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2013 at 2:26 AM

I can see why you and your sister keep on coming back here! Looks and sounds a very nice place.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I love "Some like it hot" - an absolute classic! It's great to see how well the history of this elegant hotel has been preserved. It would be an amazing place to stay I reckon :-)

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I have not got to her in trips to SAn Diego-but now wish I would have stopped for a beer at the bar in the hotel. You took good pictures and the comments are well done.

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Very lovely place. The Peohe's looks great. :-)

• dland007's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Nice write-up about the history of The Boathouse! We ate at The Boathouse on Valentine's Day. The dishes weren't too expensive ($15-$20) but with wine and desert our total was right at $100. The view of the marina is awesome at night!

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Dee, If I didn't know better, I would swear (not right for this) that the Graham Memorial Presbyterian Church could be right out off a Honolulu Street. Same look, same feel.

• Jan 25, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Fascinating history of this church and its campus on these pages: gmpc.org/pages/campuschurch.... gmpc.org/pages/campuskirkhou... gmpc.org/pages/campuskirkcot... gmpc.org/pages/campusthrift....

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2010 at 3:59 AM

Very lovely town of Coronado. I can see that you enjoyed your visits here. The Ocean Bay Views are amazing. The Coronado Hotel and the Library certainly are real gems. Thanks for the virtual tour

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2009 at 9:25 AM

most interesting, great classic seaside hotel. what a beauty. new jersey has some like that, love wandering thru them, but this must be one of the best. and the bar is great.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Great new additions. I have fond memories of visiting these very special spots. You have an outstanding introduction. Your tips are helpful and "right on the mark". Also fun to read your "upbeat" pages...refreshing.

Yaqui Visits Here Frequently!

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Coronado

Have you been to Coronado?

Latest Activity in Coronado