"Cathedral City" Cathedral City by Yaqui
Cathedral City Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 39 photos
Given the name Cathedral Canyon in 1850 by Col. Henry Washington of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers due to its natural formation for having the appearance of the inside of a grand cathedral. Pioneers who were hardy enough to endure the hot summer months remained and made this their home for many generations. It was not until 1925 that some inventive developers build subdivisions and called it Cathedral City.
It was incorporated in 1981 and now it sits between some very impressive cities that represent the elite lifestyle that has become synonymous with the southern California lifestyles.
We stayed at Lawerence Welk Desert Oasis. For your baby boomers what may bring to mind is tiny bubbles:) I know it did for me, but it was all I had anticipated. It was lovely decorated, all the comforts of home, centrally located, and priced just right. We enjoyed our stay very much and will probably stay there again.
- Pros:Affordable hotels, restaurants, and & entertainment
- Cons:Cannot think of any!
- In a nutshell:Hidden Gem of Coachella Valley!
This lovely sculpture is of steel and glass sculpture by artist David Falossi Studios. It graces the entrance to the... more travel advice
This wonderful sculpture is of Stainless Steel Rings. Located right on the corner of E. Palm Canyon & Perez at Volvo... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Cathedral City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cathedral City"
- "The heat got to me"
- "An other city in Coachella valley"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cathedral City
- 16 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to Cathedral City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cathedral City
Photos in Cathedral CitySee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 287 reviews, 1078 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 265 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 59 reviews, 254 photos