"Calabasas" Calabasas by Yaqui
Calabasas Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 47 photos
When Spanish explorer Juan Portola de Gaspar discovered the region with Father Sierra in 1769 this was the tribal land of the Chumash and Tongva, who lived peacefully among the oaks. In 1834, is when Mexico took over the territory and gave large land grants to those who were willing to take on making this their new home. This area was the wild west, but that didn't stop a Basque immigrant Don Miguel Leonis to settle here and he managed one of the largest lands grants, which included the Calabasas area. They called him the King of Calabasas because when he married an Indian woman by the name of Espiritu Chijulla, her families large land holdings, thus Rancho El Escorpion was born.
Yaqui's Related Pages
Calabasas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Smashing Pumpkin of a City"
- "Yubert's Calabasas Page"
- "My HOOD"
- "WORLD RANGER DAY - "The Thin Green Line" Screening"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Calabasas
- Nightlife in Calabasas
- Restaurants in Calabasas
- Shopping in Calabasas
- Warnings and Dangers in Calabasas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Calabasas
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (208)
Have you been to Calabasas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Calabasas
Photos in CalabasasSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 300 reviews, 1153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 99 reviews, 380 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 111 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 83 reviews, 321 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos