"~Cabrillo National Monument~" Cabrillo National Monument by Yaqui
Cabrillo National Monument Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 196 photos
Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo led the first European expedition to explore what is now the west coast of the United States. Cabrillo departed from the port of Navidad, Mexico, on June 27, 1542. Three months later he arrived at "a very good enclosed port." That port is known today as San Diego bay. Historians believe he anchored his flagship, the San Salvador, on Point Loma's east shore near Cabrillo National Monument. Cabrillo later died during the expedition, but his crew pushed on, possibly as far north as Oregon, before thrashing winter storms forced them to back to Mexico.
- In a nutshell:Such a beautiful place of sea air and views!
Take the time to stroll around the building and enjoy the beautiful vista views of the bay, sailing ships, and awesome... more travel advice
This little museum is housed in an old radio station, it is called, “They Stood the Watch,” as small as this building... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Cabrillo National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historical, Interesting And Awesome Views!"
- "~Cabrillo National Monument~"
- "Lighting the Way"
- "Basaic Cabrillo National Monument Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cabrillo National Monument
- Hotels in Cabrillo National Monument
- Transportation in Cabrillo National Monument
- Nightlife in Cabrillo National Monument
- Restaurants in Cabrillo National Monument
- Shopping in Cabrillo National Monument
- Warnings and Dangers in Cabrillo National Monument
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cabrillo National Monument
- 11 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Cabrillo National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cabrillo National Monument
Photos in Cabrillo National MonumentSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 256 reviews, 894 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 97 reviews, 418 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 100 reviews, 326 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 90 reviews, 305 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 81 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 224 photos