"~Cabrillo National Monument~" Cabrillo National Monument by Yaqui
Cabrillo National Monument Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 240 photos
Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo led the first European expedition to explore what is now the west coast of the United States. Cabrillo departed from the port of Navidad, Mexico, on June 27, 1542. Three months later he arrived at "a very good enclosed port." That port is known today as San Diego bay. Historians believe he anchored his flagship, the San Salvador, on Point Loma's east shore near Cabrillo National Monument. Cabrillo later died during the expedition, but his crew pushed on, possibly as far north as Oregon, before thrashing winter storms forced them to back to Mexico.
- In a nutshell:Such a beautiful place of sea air and views!
California is very disable accessible. You find this is most of restrooms, doors, entries and the sidewalks. And if you... more travel advice
Prickly pear cacti is a very well know species of plant that I personally grew not to like upclose…ah..youth..lol….but I... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Cabrillo National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historical, Interesting And Awesome Views!"
- "~Cabrillo National Monument~"
- "Lighting the Way"
- "Basaic Cabrillo National Monument Page"
- "The discoverer of California"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cabrillo National Monument
- Hotels in Cabrillo National Monument
- Transportation in Cabrillo National Monument
- Nightlife in Cabrillo National Monument
- Restaurants in Cabrillo National Monument
- Shopping in Cabrillo National Monument
- Warnings and Dangers in Cabrillo National Monument
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cabrillo National Monument
- 15 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Cabrillo National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cabrillo National Monument
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: Help in regards to a rental..."
- Wrote a Review Disabled Accessible in Cabrillo National Monument Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Disabled Accessible"
- Commented on one of lmkluque's Cabrillo National Monument travel pages
- updated a Cabrillo National Monument Travel Page "~Cabrillo National Monument~"
Photos in Cabrillo National MonumentSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 278 reviews, 992 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 101 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 248 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 58 reviews, 249 photos