"~Burbank~" Top 5 Page for this destination Burbank by Yaqui
Burbank Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 211 photos
Like so many of its sister cities, Burbank was once owned by the Spanish. When the land was returned, vast Rancho’s were developed by Mexico. These ranchos became available for sale and it was a dentist from New Hampshire a Dr. David Burbank who was savvy in real estate began purchasing acreage in 1867. He built a home and started his own ranch with sheep. Over time, he started selling off portions of his land. When the railroad made its way, he then sold right of way to them in 1874. So thus began a new era of settlers flooding in. Eventually he sold the rest of his vast lands holdings to developers who subdivide the property into plots for sale by 1887. Burbank was incorporated by 1911. Since then Burbank has seen Pacific Electric Streetcar line extended from Glendale into Burbank, J.W. Fawkes who patented the first monorail car in the United States, some of the first housing tracks, radio station KELW, Lockheed Aviation, and motion picture industry.
- Pros:Wonderful weather and neat things to see!
- In a nutshell:The other Hollywood!!
The other stop was at the prop department, which has over 200,000 square feet, encompassing four floors of set dressing... more travel advice
The next segment of the tour was a set from the Big Bang Theory, Last Samuari and Spiderman. Not much impresses my sons,... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Burbank Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Never Saw Jay"
- "Overlooking LA"
- "Burbank: Hollywood, Sans the Glitz !"
- "vanessa8008's new Burbank Page"
- "True Hometown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burbank
- Hotels in Burbank
- Transportation in Burbank
- Nightlife in Burbank
- Restaurants in Burbank
- Shopping in Burbank
- Warnings and Dangers in Burbank
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burbank
- 24 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (198)
Have you been to Burbank?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burbank
Photos in BurbankSee All Photos (112)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 290 reviews, 1093 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 95 reviews, 345 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 308 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos