"~Burbank~" Top 5 Page for this destination Burbank by Yaqui
Burbank Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 165 photos
Like so many of its sister cities, Burbank was once owned by the Spanish. When the land was returned, vast Rancho’s were developed by Mexico. These ranchos became available for sale and it was a dentist from New Hampshire a Dr. David Burbank who was savvy in real estate began purchasing acreage in 1867. He built a home and started his own ranch with sheep. Over time, he started selling off portions of his land. When the railroad made its way, he then sold right of way to them in 1874. So thus began a new era of settlers flooding in. Eventually he sold the rest of his vast lands holdings to developers who subdivide the property into plots for sale by 1887. Burbank was incorporated by 1911. Since then Burbank has seen Pacific Electric Streetcar line extended from Glendale into Burbank, J.W. Fawkes who patented the first monorail car in the United States, some of the first housing tracks, radio station KELW, Lockheed Aviation, and motion picture industry.
- Pros:Wonderful weather and neat things to see!
- In a nutshell:The other Hollywood!!
This statue is called, "The Guardians" by Shiela Cavalluzi January 9, 1998. Their is etching on the base that reads:... more travel advice
We stopped into here to sit and have a soda. It is a really fun place. Lots to look at and a very relaxing place we... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Burbank Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Never Saw Jay"
- "Overlooking LA"
- "Burbank: Hollywood, Sans the Glitz !"
- "vanessa8008's new Burbank Page"
- "True Hometown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burbank
- Hotels in Burbank
- Transportation in Burbank
- Nightlife in Burbank
- Restaurants in Burbank
- Shopping in Burbank
- Warnings and Dangers in Burbank
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burbank
- 16 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to Burbank?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burbank
Photos in BurbankSee All Photos (71)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 287 reviews, 1078 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 265 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 59 reviews, 254 photos