Bodie State Historic Park Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Yaqui Top 5 Page for this destination
Bodie State Historic Park Warnings and Dangers: 7 reviews and 10 photos
Oh please be careful of nails, splinters, and broken glass everywhere! Weather is a factor here because of where it is located. It is way up in the High Sierra's in California, Elevation is 8,401. Blazing heat is common and it snows a lot here during the winter months. So please check weather conditions before you decide to head here. It has a paved road so far and the rest is a dirt road so be aware! Be sure you have a full tank of gas, supplies such as a good pair of shoes, water, and your own food.
Bodie State Park Weather
One very important tip I can give is to always have water handy. You should always have it handy when its hot of course, but also during winter months. Never stop drinking water. When we visited Bodie it was so hot. We were very thankful to be carring water bottles, we went through it fast. Yet, it gets real cold here during the winters months of course too, so buddle up.
Weather for Bridgeport, Ca.
I used Bridgeport since its the nearest and the weather stations don't recognize Bodie.
" Whiskey is for drinking; water is for fighting over."
-- Mark Twain, 1884
More Reviews (21)
Yaqui's Related Pages
Bodie State Historic Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bodie State Historical Park 1859"
- "Bodie, once a busy city!"
- "Only the Rangers Remain..."
- "Low on Gas, not on Ghosts: Bodie"
- "Pioneer Days the hard way"
- "Good! By God, I'm Going To Bodie!"
- "Roundtrip USA : part 7 The ghosttown Bodie"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bodie State Historic Park
- Hotels in Bodie State Historic Park
- Transportation in Bodie State Historic Park
- Nightlife in Bodie State Historic Park
- Restaurants in Bodie State Historic Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Bodie State Historic Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bodie State Historic Park
- 23 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Bodie State Historic Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bodie State Historic Park
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: Help in regards to a rental..."
- Uploaded a Video to Bodie State Historic Park
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dog Town California Historical Marker#792"
- Wrote a Review Dog Town California Historical Marker#792 in Bodie State Historic Park Things to Do
- updated a Bodie State Historic Park Travel Page "Bodie State Historical Park 1859"
- Commented on one of richiecdisc's Bodie State Historic Park travel pages
Photos in Bodie State Historic ParkSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 278 reviews, 992 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 101 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 248 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 58 reviews, 249 photos