"Anaheim" Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim by Yaqui

Anaheim Travel Guide: 721 reviews and 1,986 photos

~Disneyland~

"What this country really needs is an amusement park that families can take their children to. They've gotten so honky tonk with a lot of questionable characters running around, and they're not to safe. They're not well kept. I want to have a place that's as clean as anything could ever be, and all the people in it [his park] are first-class citizens, and treated like guests." - Walt Disney.

Walt Disney had a dream. He dreamed of a place that all could relax and enjoy the kid in all of us. His perseverance paid off when researching and found Anaheim California a perfect place and soon a purchase of a 160-acre orange grove near the junction of the Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) and Harbor Boulevard. On July 21, 1954, construction began and scheduled to open in 12 months. From that day forward Walt Disney's life would never be the same. Every theme within the park was a dream of his, but with that dream was a purpose to entertain, give enjoyment, relax, remember the grandfather years, and most important educate!

Me, 6 Months old in my Mom's lap~

Been coming to Disneyland since I was 6 months old. My dad loved bringing us here whenever he could. I have since carried the torch and started bringing my boys here. You have two choices laid at your feet at the huge court yard entrance, is either visit Disneyland or California Adventure Land. Both are equally fun, but Disneyland has a lot more attractions for the very little, where California Adventure Land is geared towards the little older kids. Just my opinion;-)

"Walt Disney taught me is if you have a dream, it is up to you to full fill it, other people can't. With hard work and perseverance your dreams can come true!"

• Pros:Lots of fun ahead here.
  • Cons:It gets very crowed now, pick a weekday if you can!
  • In a nutshell:Brings out the kid in all of us;-)
  • Last visit to Anaheim: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated May 24, 2012

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Hello, Dee!~ Thanks for your comprehensive page about Anaheim - a great place to explore...

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Anaheim is another town that I only know from the running joke on the old Jack Benny radio programs: “Train leaving on Track Five for Anaheim, Azusa and Cuc----amonga.” (Much later I realized that no real train ever went to all three of these places, because they were on different branch lines of the railroad at the time.) Actually I think it’s a shame that the former Swiss Family Treehouse has been converted to Tarzan's Treehouse. When I was a child I used to like Swiss Family Robinson, much better than Tarzan.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Wonderful updates on your Anaheim pages. We have been to Tokyo and Paris Disneyland. We certainly hope to visit Anaheim one day. Thanks for sharing the pages. Thanks also for visiting our Greece travel pages. ~ho & pang

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Thanks for the virtual tour :) I would love to go there one day.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Loved reading your Disneyland tips - they brought back many happy memories for me! I was raised in Southern California (Oxnard), and Disneyland was our family vacation every year. I loved the Pirates of the Caribbean and Peter Pan's Flight. :-)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I was there in 1990 and we had a great time!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I can see your children thoroughly enjoyed their time here~!~
    Nice to read your views on Disneyland.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2011 at 6:11 AM

Enjoyed your page. We do not have Disneyland in Australia. We have to travel overseas to visit. In our case Paris in 1993, a very expensive visit. They now have one in Hong Kong.

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2010 at 6:42 AM

so nice to visit disneyland again. we went in orlando in 1982, seems the same. incredible place.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2010 at 5:32 AM

You featured two of my very favourite Disney rides - It's a Small World (after all) and Pirates of the Caribbean. Disneyland is for everyone - young - young at heart.

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Anaheim

Have you been to Anaheim?

Latest Activity in Anaheim