"Alabama Hills" Alabama Hills by Yaqui
Alabama Hills Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 23 photos
Alabama Hills was named after a Confederate warship that wreaked havoc on the northern shipping during the Civil War, by locals who were loyal to the south during the Civil War. This area is an array of strange and wondrous landscapes. It was made popular during the 20’s since it offered the variety of so many types of landscapes. It served as the backdrop in over 500 films and TV shows. Westerns were the most popular filmed here. It has doubled as landscapes such as India in the movie Gunga Din, the Himalayas, Gladiator, Rawhide, and How the West Was Won. Yet, the latest have been Tremors, Iron Man and Transformers 2. You just cannot miss the landscape at the beginning of that movie.
You can pick up one of these wonderful guide books in the gift shop area of The Beverly and Jim Rogers Museum of Lone Pine Film History. It cost about $2. I think it is well worth it!
- In a nutshell:Stark beauty abounds!
Graffiti is not always welcome when we are trying to preserve our parks for future generations, but sometimes people... more travel advice
Mt. Whitney is at the elevation of 14,497. It is the tallest peak in the contiguous forty eight states and this... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Alabama Hills Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alabama Hills"
- "MOVIE SETS, 4-WHEEL DRIVERS, ROCK CLIMBERS"
- "The Alabama Hills"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Alabama Hills
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Alabama Hills?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alabama Hills
Photos in Alabama HillsSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 256 reviews, 894 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 97 reviews, 418 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 100 reviews, 326 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 90 reviews, 305 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 81 reviews, 300 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 224 photos