"Yucca ~ Out of this World" Yucca by Yaqui
Yucca Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 13 photos
Like so many small communities along Route 66, Yucca started in 1880 as a water stop for the old steam trains on the Atlantic and Pacific Railroad (affiliated with the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway). During WWII much of land was purchased by the Army and became the Yucca Army Airfield where pilots could train. Then in 1954 the old airfield was purchase by Ford who later sold again to Chrysler in 2007.
From 1950's to the 70's Yucca enjoyed its hey day. Sadly in the 70's when Interstate 40 bypassed the old route and so many businesses left. Now a few survive for those who made Yucca there home.
- Pros:Some services!
- Cons:Not a lot to see here!
- In a nutshell:You never know what you may find!
Yucca Army Airfield was purchased in 1954 by Ford Motor Company and along with 4,000 acres if land, it was turned into... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Yucca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yucca ~ Out of this World"
- "Yucca, Arizona"
- "time to have some lunch"
- "Yucca, AZ (coming soon)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yucca
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (201)
Have you been to Yucca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yucca
Photos in YuccaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 290 reviews, 1093 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 95 reviews, 345 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 308 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos