"Tuzigoot National Monument" Tuzigoot National Monument by Yaqui
Tuzigoot National Monument Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 81 photos
Tuzigoot is Apache for crooked water. They were a prehistoric people called the Sinagua who built these pueblos and lived in them from around 1125 and 1400 CE. They benefitted from farming, good source of water, and trade. They were accomplished in sculpting stones and jewelry making. Many wonderful pieces have been discovered from excavation. This pueblo is one the most preserved structures and probably housed as many to 77 and 110 rooms. This structure has been preserved by beefing up the walls with new mortar. What I find so special about this structure is you can actually walk around it, touch it and explore the top floor of the pueblo. By actually seeing it in person gives a small glimpse in the everyday life of such wonderful people rich in culture.
- Pros:Beautiful structure
- Cons:A little of the track, but other than that no cons.
- In a nutshell:History you can touch, feel, and experience.
Ok, we got the biggest kick out of our son. He waited very patiently to use the grinding stone because some other little... more travel advice
This not alone just a beautiful monument, but the views from the top floor Pueblo afffords you 360 views of the whole... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Tuzigoot National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Tuzigoot Page"
- "Tuzigoot National Monument"
- "Castle of the Ancient Ones"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tuzigoot National Monument
- Warnings and Dangers in Tuzigoot National Monument
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tuzigoot National Monument
- 6 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Tuzigoot National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tuzigoot National Monument
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: Wandering The Strip"
- Commented on one of Basaic's Tuzigoot National Monument travel pages
- Wrote a Review Hands On - Grinding Stones in Tuzigoot National Monument Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hands On - Grinding Stones"
- updated a Tuzigoot National Monument Travel Page "Tuzigoot National Monument"
Photos in Tuzigoot National MonumentSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 256 reviews, 894 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 97 reviews, 418 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 100 reviews, 326 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 90 reviews, 305 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 81 reviews, 300 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 224 photos