"Tombstone" Top 5 Page for this destination Tombstone by Yaqui
Tombstone Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 717 photos
Tombstone began in 1877 when Mr. Ed Schieffelin, who was willing to brave Apache territory, searched and found a rich strike of silver in the San Pedro Valley. He named his claim "Tombstone" after soldiers from Fort Huachuca said that the stone he would find someday would be his tombstone for venturing into Apache land. Soon with the discover of silver this strike brought in more prospectors, saloon keepers, ladies of the evening, gamblers, and outlaws. Once a camp, became a boomtown overnight. Sadly, within eight years time, it's heyday was soon approaching an end. Tombstone experienced two devasting fires and way too many shootings. The riches moved on as well as the town folk. Still it survived, and now we still get to peek into the past.
In Memory of Unidentified Veterans Pioneers Settlers Roy Fourr Post No 24 American Legion 1937 more travel advice
This is not just a restaurant, but provides several types of entertainment. They even have a putt-putt coarse. and a... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Tombstone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Legend of American Old West"
- "Tombstone, Arizona: When the West was Wild"
- "Tombstone - Part History, Part Kitsch"
- "Jumping Around Tombstone!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tombstone
- Hotels in Tombstone
- Transportation in Tombstone
- Nightlife in Tombstone
- Restaurants in Tombstone
- Shopping in Tombstone
- Warnings and Dangers in Tombstone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tombstone
- 25 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Tombstone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tombstone
Photos in TombstoneSee All Photos (76)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 287 reviews, 1078 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oahu Intro, 97 reviews, 461 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 111 reviews, 374 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos