"Teec Nos Pos ~ Gate to Four Corners" Teec Nos Pos by Yaqui

Teec Nos Pos Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 34 photos

"Tiis nazbas"- Cottonwoods in a Circle

Around 1880, this community was given the name of Teec Nos Pos, meaning a natural circle of cottonwood trees. A trading post was first established there in 1905 by H.B. Noel. Supposely only today one tree survives. It is a small community located within the vast beautiful Dine'(Navajo) tribal lands. It is the gate way to the only four states that meet at the corners, Four Corners.

Four Corners Monument, Ut.

It is the only point in the United States shared by four states, leading to their being called the Four Corners region.

It is amazing that so many people do not realize that there are actually "Four Corners of the Unted States of America" that meet. So this place is very historic and unique place!

The Three Amiga's

Taken probably around 1965 and I do not remember...lol....visiting here then!

• Pros:Has some typical services.
  • Cons:In a desolated area, be prepared to drive!
  • In a nutshell:Four Corners Gateway!
  • Last visit to Teec Nos Pos: Nov 2008
  • Intro Updated Feb 21, 2010

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I suppose the Sleeping Ute Mountain was named after the Ute Indian tribe. But in Germany Ute (pronounced with two syllables) is a fairly common women’s name. I have a friend named Ute so I’ll tell her about this mountain.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2010 at 5:06 AM

I remember our guide telling us about where the 4 states met, but we didn't get taken there. I did bring a Navajo rug and some jewellery home for gifts though!

• MD2nd's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2010 at 2:22 AM

Teec Nos Pos looks almost like Spain's Lanzarothe. Interesting to learn about Dine Handwoven Rugs. - Thank you for spending time on my Wittlich & Hoexter pages.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Ohhhh I love the Sleeping Beauty Mountain. How neat. I have an even better appreciation for all your California tips now :D

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Teec Nos Pos! What a unique name. That is what I like in your pages, tips, and information, I learn a lot as I read places I never heard before. Thank you Dee.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2009 at 1:49 PM

This is indeed an amazing name! You show great Dine art!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2009 at 6:39 AM

First of all the name Teec Nos Pos intrigued me. The Dine' Handwoven Rugs look absolutely beautiful. I also have a small piece of sand art from our visit to this area.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Sounds great, remote and lacking amenities. Ideal.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM

I like tips on the great outdoors & famly & picnic spots = nice write up Dee

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I visited the Four Corners area about 12 years ago, but really just passed through. Nice page and pictures!

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Teec Nos Pos

Have you been to Teec Nos Pos?

Photos in Teec Nos Pos