Sedona Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Yaqui Top 5 Page for this destination
Sedona Warnings and Dangers: 46 reviews and 64 photos
I found this so interesting and amazing at the same time. Yet, something we all should heed when hiking in this area.
Stay on the paths. Why stay on the paths? The large, black patches of dark, knobby, brittle crust are actually a cryptobiotic crust. The crust is made of lichen, moss, cyanobacteria, liverwort, and fungi. The crust prevents erosion and retains water and minerals for plants. Without the cryptobiotic crust, the red rock landscape would become barren sand dunes. The crust is easily broken, especially when it is dry. A single footstep can easily erase decades of growth.
It was fun, exciting and educational during our Pink Jeep Tour because they were able to show us some spectacular views and formations. They also shared with us how the area was formed and why the rocks are red. Being a Californian, it was interesting to know that Arizona too has many faults that run thru through area. While on Submarine Rock, Mike our guide pointed out this line, whick is a fault and runs completely through the valley. Just something that was interesting to know.
Sedona Chamber of Commerce
Village of Oakcreek
Tequa Plaza, 7000 Hwy 179 Ste 101
P.O. Box 478
Sedona, Az 86336
The have made some modifications on the roads. They put in these round abouts, which it makes it easy for everyone and gives everyone equal right away. So be careful especially if someone does not want to give you the right away. There are two of them on 89A.
VISITOR INFORMATION CENTER:
331 Forest Road, Sedona, AZ
Call (800) 288-7336 or (928) 282-7722
If you look at this picture you can understand my concern. This is at the Chape of the Holy Cross. I had even yelled up to the youngster hoping the parents could hear me. I think they did, because I saw a arm appear grabbing him immediately…lol….and could hear a good scolding going on. Hey, I am a parent and I well know how fast our kids can put themselves in a dangerous position. Its tough keeping them out of harms way or at least we try.
Do not graffiti the rocks, because it is cruel and ugly. Do not take glass containers down to a river because it could leave behind dangerous shards of glass that someone could get seriously hurt from. Pets are not accepted down by the river because there are those who do not keep track of their pets very good. Let's face it, people are bad enough as it is. Carry out what you leave behind.
So when you see these signs, make sure you heed them. Rangers do not mess around anymore and if you do not obey them, you'll find yourself being fined and then possiblly being removed from the park!
The Archaeological Resources Protection Act of 1979 protects cultural resources for the benefit of all. Please admire, but respect these sites, learn from them, but leave everything where it is. To move it or damage it is against the law.
Do Not Sit, Walk, Push, or climb on any ruins at all.
Collecting or relocating archeological artifacts is unlawful.
Defacing or destroying natural features or archeological sites is unlawful.
LET'S PROTECT OUR TREASURES FOR FURTURE GENERATIONS TO ENJOY!
Everything is dimly lighted
Something we noticed right away is that the whole town keeps its lighting down really low. We asked a local and she said there is a city ordinance for this to keep the level of energy down so it will not affect the ambience of the area. Some other person said it was because of the observatory in Flagstaff, so who knows. I only know is it was hard to see the signs, especially if you’re traveling at night. This is especially hard if you do not know your way around. So take your time if your traveling around here at night.
More Reviews (97)
- See All Sharing Photography~
- See All Tuzigoot National Monument Visitor...
- See All Affordable Native American Crafts
- See All Chimney Rock
- Motion Picture Museum -Time Share Trap
Yaqui's Related Pages
Sedona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Sedona"
- "Sedona, Red Rock Country"
- "Sedona: General and Spiritual"
- "AMONGST THE RED ROCKS"
- "Spiritual Mecca, Artistic Enclave & Outdoor Wonder"
- "Sedona - A Beautiful Place in Arizona"
- "The Red Rock Beauty of Sedona"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sedona
- Hotels in Sedona
- Transportation in Sedona
- Nightlife in Sedona
- Restaurants in Sedona
- Shopping in Sedona
- Warnings and Dangers in Sedona
- See All...
Explore the World
- Craigtown Hotels
- Kahaluu Hotels
- Ullal Hotels
- Guelph Hotels
- Palmerston North
- Whitehorse Warnings and Dangers
- Duisburg Warnings and Dangers
- Gulmarg Warnings and Dangers
- Parati Warnings and Dangers
- Dog Souvenirs
- Fort Bragg Warnings and Dangers
- Berkeley Warnings and Dangers
- Province of KwaZulu-Natal Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Viejo Warnings and Dangers
- Haarlem Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Sedona
- 104 Reviews
- 253 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Sedona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sedona
Photos in SedonaSee All Photos (253)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 278 reviews, 992 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 101 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 248 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 58 reviews, 249 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (120)
Latest Sedona hotel reviews
- Best Western Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas Sedona
- 706 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Bell Rock Inn
- 221 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Lo Lo Mai Lodge
- 153 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- The Views Inn Sedona
- 393 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- The Orchards Inn of Sedona
- 700 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Wishing Well Bed and Breakfast
- 456 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Sky Ranch Lodge
- 607 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Villas Of Sedona
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Sedona Real Inn
- 585 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Adobe Grand Villas
- 481 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Sedona Rouge Hotel And Spa
- 676 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- La Vista Motel
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Star Motel
- 105 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- La Quinta Inn Sedona
- 327 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Slide Rock Lodge
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013
- Chapel of the Holy Cross- 24 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Vortexes & Spirituality- 17 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Slide Rock State Park- 26 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Scenery & Views- 20 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Indian Ruins- 9 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Jeep Tours- 22 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Red Rock State Park- 13 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Tlaquepaque- 13 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Oak Creek Canyon- 12 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Montezuma's Castle or Well- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
See All Sedona Things to Do