"Beautiful Sedona" Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona by Yaqui
Sedona Travel Guide: 896 reviews and 2,139 photos
Sedona is a beautiful rustic valley filled pines trees, bushes, cacti, and rocks that mother nature has been carving out for over 350 million years. This town brims with the most creative talented artisans I have ever seen. Bronze statues grace all corners of the area that reflect the areas pride. I can understand why people flock here. It is a mecca of outdoor activity all year round. When we arrived in this dimly lit city, we could not see anything, but waking up in the morning and stepping outside, I was like “WOW!” We all were in complete awe of the beauty that surrounds this place and we were even more impressed when we did the Pink Jeep Tour. This took us to submarine rock so we could take in the whole vista of this glorious area.
J.J. Thompson was the very first white settler in 1876 to set his roots along Oak Creek Canyon and calling it Indian Gardens Ranch, which was later shortened to Indian Gardens. Here he established roots for his family and for others to follow. T. Carl Schnebly family was one of those families with only four other families that had settled the area closer to the rocks, which was called Camp Garden. When Carl was establishing a post office in 1902, he had to come up with a permanent name, but the two names he suggested were turned down because they were too long for a cancellation stamp. So his brother suggested that Carl name it after his own wife’s name, which was Sedona.
What a blast!!
This tour has been in business for almost 47 years and as of yet, they have no desire to change the color. So deal with it guys, it’s just a jeep and it is a complete blast! I had heard about them and decided it would be fun, especially for my boys, including the big boy….lol! I made reservation to be sure, so I suggest you make them too. They are really popular. They have many types of tours, so please check out the web site to see what is available. It may seem pricey to some, but well worth the money. We did the BROKEN ARROW TOUR and I will never ever forget the smiles and laughter. Our guide was awesome; his name is Mike so ask for him.
- Pros:Voted most beautiful place....they are right!!
- Cons:Pricey, but have some fun anyways!
- In a nutshell:Everyone needs to experience Sedona at least once!
What was neat about this trip was my oldest wanted to take some of his own photographs and he did a wonderful job of it.... more travel advice
Tuzigoot is Apache for crooked water. They were a prehistoric people called the Sinagua who built these pueblos and... more travel advice
- See All Affordable Native American Crafts
- See All Earthquake Faults
- See All Chimney Rock
- Motion Picture Museum -Time Share Trap
- See All Photography
Yaqui's Related Pages
Sedona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Sedona"
- "Sedona, Red Rock Country"
- "Sedona: General and Spiritual"
- "AMONGST THE RED ROCKS"
- "Spiritual Mecca, Artistic Enclave & Outdoor Wonder"
- "Sedona - A Beautiful Place in Arizona"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sedona
- Hotels in Sedona
- Transportation in Sedona
- Nightlife in Sedona
- Restaurants in Sedona
- Shopping in Sedona
- Warnings and Dangers in Sedona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sedona
- 104 Reviews
- 253 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Sedona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sedona
Photos in SedonaSee All Photos (253)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 290 reviews, 1091 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 150 reviews, 525 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 97 reviews, 461 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 95 reviews, 345 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 308 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos