"Beautiful Sedona" Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona by Yaqui

Sedona Travel Guide: 896 reviews and 2,139 photos

Beautiful Red Rocks~Coffee Pot Rainbow

Sedona is a beautiful rustic valley filled pines trees, bushes, cacti, and rocks that mother nature has been carving out for over 350 million years. This town brims with the most creative talented artisans I have ever seen. Bronze statues grace all corners of the area that reflect the areas pride. I can understand why people flock here. It is a mecca of outdoor activity all year round. When we arrived in this dimly lit city, we could not see anything, but waking up in the morning and stepping outside, I was like “WOW!” We all were in complete awe of the beauty that surrounds this place and we were even more impressed when we did the Pink Jeep Tour. This took us to submarine rock so we could take in the whole vista of this glorious area.

So much hidden beauties

J.J. Thompson was the very first white settler in 1876 to set his roots along Oak Creek Canyon and calling it Indian Gardens Ranch, which was later shortened to Indian Gardens. Here he established roots for his family and for others to follow. T. Carl Schnebly family was one of those families with only four other families that had settled the area closer to the rocks, which was called Camp Garden. When Carl was establishing a post office in 1902, he had to come up with a permanent name, but the two names he suggested were turned down because they were too long for a cancellation stamp. So his brother suggested that Carl name it after his own wife’s name, which was Sedona.

Pink Jeep Tours!

What a blast!!

This tour has been in business for almost 47 years and as of yet, they have no desire to change the color. So deal with it guys, it’s just a jeep and it is a complete blast! I had heard about them and decided it would be fun, especially for my boys, including the big boy….lol! I made reservation to be sure, so I suggest you make them too. They are really popular. They have many types of tours, so please check out the web site to see what is available. It may seem pricey to some, but well worth the money. We did the BROKEN ARROW TOUR and I will never ever forget the smiles and laughter. Our guide was awesome; his name is Mike so ask for him.

• Pros:Voted most beautiful place....they are right!!
  • Cons:Pricey, but have some fun anyways!
  • In a nutshell:Everyone needs to experience Sedona at least once!
  • Last visit to Sedona: Nov 2008
  • Intro Updated May 26, 2012

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2013 at 6:41 AM

Nice page

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I love this page, the Montezuma Castle and the rocks are amazingly beautiful. The photo with the rainbow is awesome. Yes, I agree with you, the names of the rocks are funny. An excellent page!

• Myfanwe's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Hi Dee, Thanks for the Cowbridge visit, I love it there. I really enjoyed reading your Sedona tips, this looks like a great area with really lovely scenery.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Lovely photo of the rainbow Dee! Sounds interesting to visit Montezumas Castle, and I think it would also be interesting to taste Cane Cholla. I like the Turtle Rock and Rabbbbit Rock! Just came back to see some more of your Sedona tips. The Earthquake Faults looks interesting to see.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2011 at 7:04 AM

beautiful pics and as always, mucho info! I hadn't really paid attention to Tip of the Day until I got the honor!! and then the email came in w/your Tip! unfortunately I am in bed all week w truly miserable chest cold since returning from Israel&Jordan last wknd.

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2011 at 4:03 AM

Love that rainbow!!! We were in Sedona for a short time way back in 2001 (on the way to the Grand Canyon), stayed at the Matterhorn and ate at Oaxaca - both excellent. Also made a 1/2 trip to Jerome. Was tickled to see your great tips on this beautiful place! We didn't have time to hike but you've given me some good ideas for the NEXT trip... Congrats on your tip of the week!

• csordila's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Congratulation for wining of the VT Tips of the Day with your Views of
    beautiful Sedona, Arizona!!!!!!!!!! L.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Those red rocks are really amazing indeed. We really like to visit Sedona one day. Thanks for your lovely virtual tour with great photographs. Thanks also for visiting our Sweden travel pages. ~ho & pang

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Well Dee, I have come to the end of very enjoyable virtual holiday in Sedona, now all I have to do is convert it into a real one! Fabulous writings and photo's!

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Thanks for very nice page.

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Sedona