"Scottsdale" Top 5 Page for this destination Scottsdale by Yaqui
Scottsdale Travel Guide: 254 reviews and 597 photos
As stated on my Phoenix page, many settlements simple beginning sprung from Native Americans. This little community was started by the Hohokam people who carved there little community into the rocks and lived here from 700 AD to 1400 AD and just vanished as their name translates. Yet, their remanents were left behind that provided water for their new tenants who quickly improved and adapted them in 1868 by the Jack Swillling Irrigation Canal Co. Many years later, a US Army Chaplain Winfield Scott bought 640 acres of land. His brother George stayed on the land till Winfield could retire and join him to grow fruit trees as other produce. It 1894 it was named Scottsdale and in 1951 was incorporated offically with a population then of 2000.
- Pros:It was safe, and lots to see and do!
- Cons:A little pricey at times!
- In a nutshell:If you love the southwest, you love this place!
A beautiful array of southwestern-flavored items from Indian art to regional books on Southwestern decor. Yet, outside... more travel advice
As I mentioned in my restaurant tip, this was not a family place. Yet, it is real popular with the trendy crowd! They... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Scottsdale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "High End in the MIddle of the metro region"
- "Jumping Around Scottsdale!"
- "Scottsdale, Arizona"
- "Scottsdale Has Grown Beyond Belief"
- "susie margaret and scottsdale, arizona, USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scottsdale
- Hotels in Scottsdale
- Transportation in Scottsdale
- Nightlife in Scottsdale
- Restaurants in Scottsdale
- Shopping in Scottsdale
- Warnings and Dangers in Scottsdale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scottsdale
- 17 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to Scottsdale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scottsdale
Photos in ScottsdaleSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 287 reviews, 1078 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 265 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 59 reviews, 254 photos