"Red Lake ~ Tonalea" Red Lake by Yaqui
Red Lake Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 8 photos
This was a very desolated community among the vast land within the Dine’ (Navajo) tribal community. The name started after a trading post was established named Red Lake Trading Post. It began in the late 1880’s by Sam Dittenhoffer. Unfortunately he was killed by a jealous rival in 1891 for the affection of a young woman from Flagstaff. His major creditor the Babbit brothers took over the trading post due to his death. They had owned many trading post among the Dine, Hope, Paiute, and Apache reservations. Trading post were a important central point for social and economics. Now, Tonelea is a community who has grown from its simple trading post days to a tribal community among the vast Dine area.
- Pros:Some services!
- Cons:Not too many major landmarks.
- In a nutshell:Home of Elephant Feet!
Yaqui's Related Pages
Red Lake Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Red Lake ~ Tonalea"
- "Basaic Red Lake Page"
- "Jumping Around the Elephant Feet at Red Lake!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Red Lake
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Red Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Red Lake
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 278 reviews, 992 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 97 reviews, 418 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 100 reviews, 326 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 303 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 55 reviews, 234 photos