"Oro Valley" Oro Valley by Yaqui
Oro Valley Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 56 photos
Located at the bottom of beautiful Pusch Ridge within the Santa Catalina Moutain range. It was once home of the Hohokam Native Americans 500 AD. During the 16th century the Apache Native Americans hunted and lived here during when the Spanish Conquistadors explored this area. She remained at cattle crazing land till the 60's.
During the 1960's when some folks didn't want to live in the Tuscon city limits, started to settle this area and in 1974 it was incorporated as a city. Oro Valley was even voted in 2008 as one of the best places to live. I can understand why with its very upscaled trendy shoping, restaurants, and homes. We felt very safe here.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful mountain landscapes~
I really enjoy and appreciate public art. I feel we do not have enough of. It is nice to see cities putting more effort... more travel advice
Located at the local library is a wonderful piece of permanent art Scuplted by Joe A. Tyler. It sits just to the east of... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Oro Valley Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oro Valley"
- "Gorgeous!!! of course this is October, not July"
- "Basaic Oro Valley Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oro Valley
- Hotels in Oro Valley
- Nightlife in Oro Valley
- Restaurants in Oro Valley
- Warnings and Dangers in Oro Valley
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oro Valley
- 8 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (219)
Have you been to Oro Valley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oro Valley
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 300 reviews, 1153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 99 reviews, 380 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 111 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 83 reviews, 321 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos