"Kayenta" Kayenta by Yaqui
Kayenta Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 41 photos
In 1909, Quaker families moved in and created one of the first commerce centers that aided traveling isolated parts of Navajo land. It still serves as the cross roads too many of the treasures and natural wonders this country has to offer. It is the gateway to Monument Valley and serves as another route to Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Canyon DeChelly and Mesa Verde.
It has many services such as hotels, gas stations, major grocery store, and restaurants. As well has having other natural wonders such as El Captain, Church Rock and Black Rock.
This is a unique area, because one minute your in Arizona and to get to the main road you have to pass into Utah to get to the Visitor Center that is actually back into Arizona. Of course the north end of the valley is in Utah if your traveling north on Hwy 163.
- Pros:There is lots to see and do!
- Cons:Might be a culture shock to some!
- In a nutshell:Just take in the beauty and enjoy what nature has to offer us!
Sonic is a very popular place with most small communities. They have some of the best shakes, malts, and sundaes! Most... more travel advice
Nice to know there are some fast foods places located here. Located right on Hwy 160 and has a unique feature. Code... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Kayenta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Navajo Nt"
- "Kakyenta, AZ"
- "Kayenta, AZ"
- "Entrance to Monument Valley"
- "Tó Dinéeshzhee"
- "Basaic Kayenta Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kayenta
- 11 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (208)
Have you been to Kayenta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kayenta
Photos in KayentaSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 300 reviews, 1153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 99 reviews, 380 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 111 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 83 reviews, 321 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos