"Montgomery" Top 5 Page for this destination Montgomery by Yaqui

Montgomery Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 340 photos

Montgomery's Capital

What a wonderful historical and charming city. I can't tell how wonderful and sweet everyone I came in contact with here. Everyone loved to chat and wanted to really know where you were from. I think I amazed a lot of folks because I was traveling all by myself and the fact I chose to visit Montgomery, which made my trip even more special because of the wonderful people.

Please check out Stephen-KarenConn's Montgomery Page they have a great page and it was my inspiration for visiting Montgomery;-)

Beautiful People of Montgomery

I dedicate this space to the awesome individuals who made my visit educational and relaxing. I was simply in awe of the real southern hospitality.

No Greater Love

~No Greater Love Has Man Proclaimed – That Patriots Will Die For Freedoms Cause~

• Pros:Wonderful places to see and wonderful people to talk too!
  • Cons:It is very hot and humid. They do drive like nuts here too!
  • In a nutshell:Some wonderful places to see and wonderful people to talk too!
  • Last visit to Montgomery: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 26, 2011

• taigaa001's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Montgmery is taught by our textbook where legendary bus boycott took place which led to civil right movement. If I go to the U.S. maybe this is one of the cities to visit. Thank you for the info.

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2011 at 6:56 AM

I normally enjoy spending time in smaller towns and Montgomery seems to have that feel to it...Thanks for the little tour Dee..and sharing some of the historical highlights of Montgomery with us..Helpful tips here and an interesting page!

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2011 at 6:22 AM

Another of your great page s Dee. An historical place to which you bring, as always, a human touch with those interesting personal cameos of some of the people who lived there.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Interesting tips on the civil rights and Martin Luther King sites, also Hank Williams. Great that you met that guy singing in the cemetery at HW's grave. I agree that crosswalk timers are an excellent idea. I saw some in Copenhagen.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2010 at 3:24 AM

Very enjoyable page on Montgomery Dee. For sure it is steeped in American history, esp in regards to Martin Luther King and Hank Williams. Good job.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2010 at 12:15 PM

The Blue Burrito. Do they use blue tortilla chips? One of my favorites is a great chili verde burrito. Yum!

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2010 at 11:13 AM

What a historically significant place! Your tips are wonderful (as always)!

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Interesting Montgomery travel page. Lots of wonderful attractions especially museums, memorial , churches and architectural buildings. First White House, Old Alabama Town and Confederate Prison attract us the most. Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2009 at 11:02 AM

What a splendid page, Dee! It was very interesting to see the First White House of the Confederacy and the Scott Fitzgerald Museum. I loved this writer in my youth... Thank you for sharing!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2009 at 10:36 PM

I think this Confederate Prison is haunted...looks spooky...lots of history in Alabama...Excellent work, Norman :)

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Montgomery

Have you been to Montgomery?

Latest Activity in Montgomery