"Wyomings - Treasures!" Top 5 Page for this destination Wyoming by Yaqui

Wyoming Travel Guide: 2,813 reviews and 8,194 photos

MECHEWEAMI-ING

Wyoming is comprised from two Delaware Indian words. It means, at the big plains," or "on the great plain".

Capital. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Cheyenne
Nickname . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Cowboy State
Motto. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."Equal Rights"
Admitted To Union. . . . . . . . . . . . July 10, 1890-44th State
Size. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 97,914 square miles, 9th largest state
Highest Point. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Gannett Peak, 13,804 feet
Lowest Point. . . . . . . . . . . . .3,100 feet Belle Fourche River
Average Annual Precipitation. . . . . . . . . . . . . 14.5 inches
Population (2000 Census). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 493,782

State animal is the bison;-)

Richard Gordon Esau (Dec 1927 - Oct 2005)

Dick was strapping cowboy of a man and a very dear friend of mine that I worked with for many years. He was a dear to converse with and one I could confide with. I always treasured Dick because he was upfront and honest with what he had to say. He raised four daughters and a son. He had lost Marty his dear wife sometime ago and now he is by her side again. Cancer recently claimed his life and I, we, us will miss him so much. He was born in Petersburg, Nebraska, but raised most of life in Casper, Wyoming on a working cattle ranch. He was a generous man who gave most of his earnings to his faith and to the Rosebud Indian Reservation. He will be remembered as a wonderful son, father, husband, uncle, Marine, and my friend.

A Cowboys Lament

Dear Lord a cowboy doesn't ask for much
He doesn't need gold, silver, and such
He needs someone that cares for him
Someone he can make happy, not grim
No matter how hard he tries, he sins some
He'll try harder in the days to come
He's tried hard to do his best
To make folks happy before his rest
Lord have mercy on this restless soul
For on him life has taken its toll
You know he's not the same as the rest
Being a cowboy puts him to the test
Just give him a hand with your great touch

• Pros:Beautiful Country A Must See!
  • Cons:Lots of open land to get lost in....lol!
  • In a nutshell:Always worth the trip:-)
  • Last visit to Wyoming: Dec 1991
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2008

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I like your post-card - and yes, the geysers :) I understand that the kid hurled, once I got sulphur poisoning from visiting similar areas here in Iceland and I always get nauseous when visiting them now.

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2011 at 7:01 AM

Wonderful page Dee! I'm planning to visit Yellowstone this summer!!!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Hi Dee, I like your self-made postcard and your enthusiastic tips about Wyoming. I was amazed to learn that a large Victorian house at Fort Bridger was bought, disassembled, stored and later donated to the park and reassembled on its original site!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Thanks Dee for taking us along with you to Wyoming!! I enjoyed your perspective and it brought back wonderful memories!

• csordila's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Bubbling geysers, Yellowstone Park, Old Faithful, wildlife and and and... One of the amazing small states of America; I like them. By the way, thank you for your Amsterdam visit and rating. Best. L.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Another great travel page, this time from Wyoming. We have heard of the famous Yellowstone National Park ever since we were tenagers. Independence Rock certainly looks stunning. ~ho & pang

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Some day - one day I will see old faithful & Yellowstone Thanks Dee for the virtual tour!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Would love to see Old Faithful! Those bubbling geysers are just amazing...Norman :)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Some mighty fine additions, and, as usual, I become involved and read it all again. Oh, Dee, how you have captured the beauty of this natural and historic place. It's always so wonderful to read your tips.

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2007 at 3:18 PM

I'm headed to WY in August - should be fun!

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Badges & Stats in Wyoming

Have you been to Wyoming?

Latest Activity in Wyoming