"MONTANA" Top 5 Page for this destination Montana by Yaqui
Montana Travel Guide: 1,592 reviews and 3,672 photos
I dedicated these pages to my big sister Cynthia who passed away sometime ago, but never from my heart. She loved the state of Montana. She was a sister, mother, grandmother, and adventurer. She was excellent at rebuilding antiques. She didn't just refinish the wood, but knew and had the skill to make the new parts. She drove trucks for oil companies and worked on the railroad line. "She loved to fish!!" She was not afraid to venture out in the back country streams with her trusty fishing pole and queensland heeler and fish along side the Grizzly bears. Yeah Grizzly bears!! She knew to respect their world and gave them a wide bearth. She to me, was a very special woman who is dearly missed by her family. She was my big sister I will always cherish. "She is the one that showed me Montana and a true Native Spirit!!"
My sister lived in Laurel, which is just outside of Billings. Lovely town should visit. Oh, Billings has a hell of an airport. I experienced it. It appears to be built on a Mesa. Just thought that was wild.
Billings Montana received its named after Frederick H. Billings, the famed railroad tycoon President of the Northern Pacific Railroad from May 1979 to June 1881. His statue stands in front of The Western Heritage Center. Minnesota and Montana Land and Improvement Company in 1882 laid out the town-site. A month later, 5,000 lots had been sold for cash. By years end there were 155 commercial buildings, 99 homes, 6 railroad buildings and 25 tents where only three buildings had stood before. The town's sudden appearance gave it the "Magic City" nick name. To explore check in with the Billings Area Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center at 815 South 27th Street because they would be more than happy to assist you.
Visit Billings, Montana
Clarks signature is ingraved into the rock along with many settlers passing through. This site has a platform that surrounds the pillar so you can see all the signatures left behind.
My little crazy family was having fun that day. You can see the cassing of Clarks signature behind us.
- Pros:The west is still here, I love it!
- In a nutshell:Need to visit and take in the scenery!
Clark wrote in his journal, "This rock which I shall call "Pompy's Tower" is 200 feet and 400 paces in... more travel advice
Billings Montana got its named after the famed railroad tycoon President of the Northern Pacific Railroad from May 1979... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Montana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Montana"
- "What a state!"
- "Basaic Montana Page"
- "Montana, the Beartooth Highway"
- "Montana Mountain Goat & the Golden Eagle"
- "Montana - Aptly Named!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montana
- Hotels in Montana
- Transportation in Montana
- Nightlife in Montana
- Restaurants in Montana
- Shopping in Montana
- Warnings and Dangers in Montana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montana
- 20 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (212)
Have you been to Montana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montana
Photos in MontanaSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 300 reviews, 1153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 99 reviews, 380 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 111 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 83 reviews, 321 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos