"Washington D.C." Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. by Yaqui
Washington D.C. Travel Guide: 5,653 reviews and 15,102 photos
I've been given another chance to see such a wonderful city! Although, the streets can be often confusing and the traffic and parking.......yikes! Yet, it thrives with history of our past beginnings. You have to spend probably weeks to be able to see everything. I chatted with one of the many wonderful park rangers here who were so helpful and full a information, said people get here and think they are going to see everything in one day......hahahahaha! We both stood there and had a chuckle over that. Remember in each memorial there are Park Rangers, bathrooms, gift shops and lost of helpful brocures.
Washington DC was a dream of Pierre Charles L'Enfants urban planning to design it like Europe's neoclassical landscape Versailles design. Each building had a purpose for where it was place, but none more import was where the "Presidents House" was place to overlook the Potomac River and to have all the different braches of government buildings separate, but connected.
I suggest to purchase a ticket with one of the many tours they have going all day long. Your able to get on and off at different points of interest and tour on your own if you wish.
I recommend you check Paul's, Dee's & JR's Washington DC pages, it has some of the most fabulous photographs, information and such keen details in VT! bct341, Deecat Ewingjr98
What a beautiful memorial. Some wonderful picture taking opportunities here. Very refreshing to sit with the feet in the fountain to cool off. A truely wonderful memorial to our heros of WW II.
If you visit D.C. you must visit Arlington Cemetery and be sure to observe the changing of the guard. It is one of the most impressive events I have ever observed. They do ask to be very quiet while in attendance.
- Pros:Lots to see and do here.....yay!
- Cons:Traffic and parking......yikes!
- In a nutshell:Make sure to give yourself plenty time and days to see!
This is a 1947 Allan Herschell Carousel located right in front of the Smithsonian Castle. It was erected in the National... more travel advice
Another wonderful place that gets overlooked and it is FREE! ADMISSION, HOURS, AND ENTRANCE LOCATIONS Admission to... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
Washington D.C. Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Neither American nor European City :-)"
- "Washington DC"
- "Washington D.C."
- "MY HOMETOWN"
- "Washington D.C."
- "Welcome to Washington DC our Nations Capital"
- "My Hometown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washington D.C.
- Hotels in Washington D.C.
- Transportation in Washington D.C.
- Nightlife in Washington D.C.
- Restaurants in Washington D.C.
- Shopping in Washington D.C.
- Warnings and Dangers in Washington D.C.
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Washington D.C.
- 88 Reviews
- 187 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Washington D.C.?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washington D.C.
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: Safety (Danger)"
- Commented on one of Yaqui's Washington D.C. tips
- updated a Washington D.C. Travel Page "Washington D.C."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Metro Station"
- Wrote a Review Old Fashion Carousel about Smithsonian Institute Museums / National Zoo in Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 287 reviews, 1078 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 105 reviews, 346 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 59 reviews, 254 photos