California Hotel Tips by Yaqui Top 5 Page for this destination
California Hotels: 192 reviews and 182 photos
This was a lovely establishment and it fit all our needs and the rooms were wonderful. Our balcony faced the mountains which gave us a fantastic view. The Desert Oasis Resort Palm Springs has a complete kitchen equipped with coffeemaker, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, cookware, and dishware. A beautiful garden surrounds the whole resort and this facility has two swimming pools. One of the pools is for the whole family and another is an adult one where you can do just laps.
Other amenities in each luxury unit include alarm clock radio, hairdryer, and an iron/ironing board, cable television, in-room safe, video player, two TV’s and one of those is a huge flat screen TV. We will mostly definitely return. What a great location and could not beat the price.
Unique Qualities: Full kitchen with dishwasher Spacious bedroom Living room Dining area Internet hook up Flat Screen TVs and DVD players. Private patio or balcony.
Address: 34567 Cathedral Canyon Drive, , Cathedral City, Ca
Comparison: about average
Directions: From LA: Take I-10 East toward Indio/Palm Springs. Exit on Date Palm Drive toward Rancho Mirage/Cathedral City. Turn Right on Dinah Shore Drive. Turn Left on Cathedral Canyon Drive. Arrive at the Desert Oasis, on your right.
Phone: (760) 321-9000
We were going to stay at this hotel after we explored Bodie, but didn't only because we decided to drive home after browsing Bridgeport and Bodie. It looked charming, historical and inexpensive. If you look at the photo you can see the price of $39.95 for 1-2 guest room. You cannot beat that. It looks its age and may be a little too rustic/simple for most, but if your looking for something authentic this might work for you. It is right on Main Street/Hwy US 395 and right next door to the Sportsman Restaurant and across the street from the historical 1880 Courthouse.
Take a look at Tripadvisor and you decide.
Check out the web site, which will give you an idea of the accomodations.
Address: Main Street, Bridgeport, Ca 93517
Directions: Off of Hwy 395/Main Street
Phone: (760) 932-7020
Found our stay very enjoyable because the owners where very friendly and so happy to meet new people! Very clean and quiet too!
Unique Qualities: The Best Western Ruby Inn offers our guests a complimentary continental breakfast, an outdoor Jacuzzi and gas grill/barbecue area and free parking. Guest rooms are equipped with cable television, free local telephone calls and long distance access, dataports, AM/FM alarm clock radio, coffee/tea maker with complimentary coffee, hairdryer, microwave, refrigerator, iron and ironing board.
Address: 333 Main Street, PO Box 475, Bridgeport, Ca 93517
Comparison: about average
Directions: The Best Wester Ruby Inn is located off US Highway 392, one half block north of Mono County Historical Courthouse.
Other Contact: FAX 760-932-7531
This is a very lovely Inn that located right near the beach and much of the happenings in Carlsbad. Has a very lovely restaurant right next door as well with many up and along the avenue. Is equipt with meeting rooms, Gym, pool, spa, and had in the lobby there is someone to help you aquire tickets for some the San Diego's attractions. Rooms a very nicely decorated. Great place to stay and stroll along and see what Carlsbad has to offer.
Address: 3075 Carlsbad Blvd, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: If your on the I-5 get off on Carlsbad Village Drive and head west.
For a little lodge tucked into a small corner, it has lots to offer. It may have seen expensive, but it is well worth it. The rooms were really comfortable and spacious. A decent view out the windows. Comfortable beds and had this little kitchen area that included a frig, microwave, and a sink area. Plenty of room to lay groceries if you have some. A nice spacious vanity area, but the bathroom area is small (Ah, no big deal to me). Oh, it served a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast served in a dinning area with a view of the ocean. There is a very nice cozy pool and a sitting area with tables and lawn chairs facing the ocean. The beach walkways is right across the street and walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Awesome!
Address: 3180 Carlsbad Blvd, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Exit Interstate 5 onto Carlsbad Village Drive and turn left onto Carlsbad Blvd and will be on the left hand side. Look carefully because it looks like a residence house.
I would have to say staying here would be ideal if your visiting the Centennial Garden & Convention Center for any of the scheduled events. It is right next door. It is also convenient because you can walk to many of the local restaurants, coffee shops, antique shopping or to admire many of the wall murals that are about
Address: 801 Truxtun Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93301
Directions: %vRight next door to the Centennial Gardens
exit onto Chester Ave which can be reached off of freeways 58 or 178. Look for the signs also.
Phone: (661) 323-1900
I have not stayed here myself, but many of my friends and relatives have staying here and gotten married here. They all said such wonderful things about the rooms, service and the historical splendid beauty of the place. It has such charm and grandeur about it. It is pure pleasure to just stroll around and take in the beauty this place has to offer inside and out!
Hotel Del Coronado Historical Marker No. 844
Unique Qualities: The facilities are excellent and the rooms facing the shore have nice views, though their is a section that does not have nice views, but on arrival you'll figure that out. Make sure you request before making a room reservation.:-) Oh, lots of wonderful shops too!
Daily Maid Service
Air Conditioned Building
Address: 1415 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118
Other Contact: 1.800.582.2595
We all really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was really helpful and the rooms were really clean and comfortable. Our beds were really comfortable. I usually hate hotel beds, but these were very soft and cozy. Or maybe I was exhausted from chasing kids at Disneyland....lol! The rooms came with coffee makers, hair dryers, ironing boards, two telephones, dataports and TVs with on-demand movies.
Unique Qualities: One nice thing about this hote is that it is just around the corner of Disneyland and just minutes away Movieland Wax Museum, Medieval Times, Anaheim Stadium and Knott's Berry Farm. It has High-speed internet access, Swimming pool, Fitness center and a really nice Restaurant right down by the lobby.
Address: 1850 SOUTH HARBOR BOULEVARD
Comparison: about average
Directions: If you are on Interstate 5 exit E. Katella Ave and head West on Katella then make a left (south) onto S. Harbor Blvd. It will be on your left hand side.
More Reviews (116)
Yaqui's Related Pages
California Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- "California - What More Do I Need To Say?"
- "Always on My Mind....California"
- "Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004"
- "The Regions of California"
- "GOLDEN STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in California
- Hotels in California
- Transportation in California
- Nightlife in California
- Restaurants in California
- Shopping in California
- Warnings and Dangers in California
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mystic Sea Resort
- London Crown Hotel
- Grand Court Hotel Jerusalem
- The Tower
- Hovey Manor
- Wendigo Lodge Golf Conference
- Sandcastle Beachfront Motel
- Pear Tree Inn By Drury - San Antonio Airport
- Value Place Rochester
- Jerusalem Guest House
- Four Seasons Atlanta
- Aries Holiday Apartments
- The Lodge at Fossil Rim
- Magens Point Resort
Badges & Stats in California
- 2,335 Reviews
- 8,000 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 165 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (104)
Have you been to California?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in California
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: Help in regards to a rental..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Metrolink"
- Wrote a Review Metrolink about Trolley / Metro / Train in California Transportation
- Commented on one of Yaqui's California tips
- updated a California Travel Page "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
Videos in CaliforniaSee All Videos (5)
Read real reviews about California Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 278 reviews, 992 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 101 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 248 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 58 reviews, 249 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (120)
Top California hotels
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4392 Reviews - 8845 Photos
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9113 Reviews - 19382 Photos
- San Diego Hotels
- 3197 Reviews - 7275 Photos
- Anaheim Hotels
- 711 Reviews - 1958 Photos
- Palm Springs Hotels
- 349 Reviews - 766 Photos
- Santa Barbara Hotels
- 646 Reviews - 1200 Photos
- Monterey Hotels
- 917 Reviews - 2734 Photos
- Santa Monica Hotels
- 457 Reviews - 1054 Photos
- Marina del Rey Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 163 Photos
- Hollywood Hotels
- 448 Reviews - 1294 Photos
- Manhattan Beach Hotels
- 350 Reviews - 759 Photos
- Mammoth Lakes Hotels
- 252 Reviews - 499 Photos
- South Lake Tahoe Hotels
- 359 Reviews - 776 Photos
- Cambria Hotels
- 77 Reviews - 202 Photos
- Solvang Hotels
- 268 Reviews - 678 Photos
- PCH--Pacific Coast Highway--Highway 1- 22 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Other California Sights- 71 Reviews, 320 Photos
- Giant Redwoods- 20 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Hearst Castle- 23 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Yosemite National Park- 51 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Other National / State Parks- 59 Reviews, 122 Photos
- BIG SUR- 25 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Pacific Ocean / Local Beaches- 16 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Churches / Temples / Mosques- 10 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Museums / Libraries- 21 Reviews, 61 Photos
See All California Things to Do