California Hotel Tips by Yaqui Top 5 Page for this destination
California Hotels: 187 reviews and 173 photos
We were going to stay at this hotel after we explored Bodie, but didn't only because we decided to drive home after browsing Bridgeport and Bodie. It looked charming, historical and inexpensive. If you look at the photo you can see the price of $39.95 for 1-2 guest room. You cannot beat that. It looks its age and may be a little too rustic/simple for most, but if your looking for something authentic this might work for you. It is right on Main Street/Hwy US 395 and right next door to the Sportsman Restaurant and across the street from the historical 1880 Courthouse.
Take a look at Tripadvisor and you decide.
Check out the web site, which will give you an idea of the accomodations.
Address: Main Street, Bridgeport, Ca 93517
Directions: Off of Hwy 395/Main Street
Phone: (760) 932-7020
Found our stay very enjoyable because the owners where very friendly and so happy to meet new people! Very clean and quiet too!
Unique Qualities: The Best Western Ruby Inn offers our guests a complimentary continental breakfast, an outdoor Jacuzzi and gas grill/barbecue area and free parking. Guest rooms are equipped with cable television, free local telephone calls and long distance access, dataports, AM/FM alarm clock radio, coffee/tea maker with complimentary coffee, hairdryer, microwave, refrigerator, iron and ironing board.
Address: 333 Main Street, PO Box 475, Bridgeport, Ca 93517
Comparison: about average
Directions: The Best Wester Ruby Inn is located off US Highway 392, one half block north of Mono County Historical Courthouse.
Other Contact: FAX 760-932-7531
This is a very lovely Inn that located right near the beach and much of the happenings in Carlsbad. Has a very lovely restaurant right next door as well with many up and along the avenue. Is equipt with meeting rooms, Gym, pool, spa, and had in the lobby there is someone to help you aquire tickets for some the San Diego's attractions. Rooms a very nicely decorated. Great place to stay and stroll along and see what Carlsbad has to offer.
Address: 3075 Carlsbad Blvd, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: If your on the I-5 get off on Carlsbad Village Drive and head west.
For a little lodge tucked into a small corner, it has lots to offer. It may have seen expensive, but it is well worth it. The rooms were really comfortable and spacious. A decent view out the windows. Comfortable beds and had this little kitchen area that included a frig, microwave, and a sink area. Plenty of room to lay groceries if you have some. A nice spacious vanity area, but the bathroom area is small (Ah, no big deal to me). Oh, it served a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast served in a dinning area with a view of the ocean. There is a very nice cozy pool and a sitting area with tables and lawn chairs facing the ocean. The beach walkways is right across the street and walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Awesome!
Address: 3180 Carlsbad Blvd, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Exit Interstate 5 onto Carlsbad Village Drive and turn left onto Carlsbad Blvd and will be on the left hand side. Look carefully because it looks like a residence house.
I would have to say staying here would be ideal if your visiting the Centennial Garden & Convention Center for any of the scheduled events. It is right next door. It is also convenient because you can walk to many of the local restaurants, coffee shops, antique shopping or to admire many of the wall murals that are about
Address: 801 Truxtun Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93301
Directions: %vRight next door to the Centennial Gardens
exit onto Chester Ave which can be reached off of freeways 58 or 178. Look for the signs also.
Phone: (661) 323-1900
I have not stayed here myself, but many of my friends and relatives have staying here and gotten married here. They all said such wonderful things about the rooms, service and the historical splendid beauty of the place. It has such charm and grandeur about it. It is pure pleasure to just stroll around and take in the beauty this place has to offer inside and out!
Hotel Del Coronado Historical Marker No. 844
Unique Qualities: The facilities are excellent and the rooms facing the shore have nice views, though their is a section that does not have nice views, but on arrival you'll figure that out. Make sure you request before making a room reservation.:-) Oh, lots of wonderful shops too!
Daily Maid Service
Air Conditioned Building
Address: 1415 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118
Other Contact: 1.800.582.2595
We all really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was really helpful and the rooms were really clean and comfortable. Our beds were really comfortable. I usually hate hotel beds, but these were very soft and cozy. Or maybe I was exhausted from chasing kids at Disneyland....lol! The rooms came with coffee makers, hair dryers, ironing boards, two telephones, dataports and TVs with on-demand movies.
Unique Qualities: One nice thing about this hote is that it is just around the corner of Disneyland and just minutes away Movieland Wax Museum, Medieval Times, Anaheim Stadium and Knott's Berry Farm. It has High-speed internet access, Swimming pool, Fitness center and a really nice Restaurant right down by the lobby.
Address: 1850 SOUTH HARBOR BOULEVARD
Comparison: about average
Directions: If you are on Interstate 5 exit E. Katella Ave and head West on Katella then make a left (south) onto S. Harbor Blvd. It will be on your left hand side.
More Reviews (90)
Yaqui's Related Pages
California Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- "California - What More Do I Need To Say?"
- "Always on My Mind....California"
- "Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004"
- "The Regions of California"
- "GOLDEN STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in California
- Hotels in California
- Transportation in California
- Nightlife in California
- Restaurants in California
- Shopping in California
- Warnings and Dangers in California
- See All...
Explore the World
- Red Pine Condos at the Canyons
- Waiheke Punga Lodge
- Pandanus Palms Resort
- Riviera Beirut Hotel
- The Rose of York
- Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
- Dunraven Arms Hotel
- Days Inn Suites Round Rock (1802 S Interstate 35 )
- Atlanta Buckhead Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Twin Falls
- La Quinta Inn Coral Springs University Dr South
- Villa Lutece Port Royal
- Hotel81 - Orchid
- Tara Manor Inn
Badges & Stats in California
- 2,209 Reviews
- 7,337 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 160 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to California?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in California
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: Wandering The Strip"
- updated a California Travel Page "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- Wrote a Review Traveling with Kids to California~ about Information / Sources in California Things to Do
- Commented on one of marinarena's California travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cantil~Jawbone Canyon Vistor Center & Post Office"
Videos in CaliforniaSee All Videos (5)
Read real reviews about California Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 256 reviews, 894 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 97 reviews, 418 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 100 reviews, 326 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 90 reviews, 305 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 81 reviews, 300 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 224 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (115)
Top California hotels
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9083 Reviews - 19112 Photos
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4336 Reviews - 8577 Photos
- San Diego Hotels
- 3050 Reviews - 6642 Photos
- Anaheim Hotels
- 702 Reviews - 1934 Photos
- Santa Barbara Hotels
- 647 Reviews - 1200 Photos
- Monterey Hotels
- 909 Reviews - 2715 Photos
- Santa Monica Hotels
- 476 Reviews - 1051 Photos
- Palm Springs Hotels
- 345 Reviews - 758 Photos
- Napa Hotels
- 419 Reviews - 1142 Photos
- Carmel-by-the-Sea Hotels
- 378 Reviews - 1052 Photos
- Yosemite National Park Hotels
- 1486 Reviews - 3370 Photos
- Marina del Rey Hotels
- 97 Reviews - 176 Photos
- Hollywood Hotels
- 431 Reviews - 1249 Photos
- Carlsbad Hotels
- 180 Reviews - 328 Photos
- Santa Cruz Hotels
- 284 Reviews - 635 Photos
- PCH--Pacific Coast Highway--Highway 1- 21 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Other California Sights- 62 Reviews, 262 Photos
- Hearst Castle- 23 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Giant Redwoods- 19 Reviews, 22 Photos
- 17 Mile Drive- 8 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Disneyland / California Adventure- 24 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Other National / State Parks- 58 Reviews, 117 Photos
- BIG SUR- 25 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Yosemite National Park- 50 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Pacific Ocean / Local Beaches- 15 Reviews, 14 Photos
See All California Things to Do