"CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!" Top 5 Page for this destination California by Yaqui
California Travel Guide: 45,291 reviews and 106,204 photos
California is where I was born and mostly raise at.
People make fun of California the state of fruits and nuts, a very derogative term, fail to realize that many Californians are transplants from other states who have migrated here to experience employment, the sunshine, beaches, surfing, skiing, hiking, fishing, famous mountain parks such as Yosemite and Giant Redwoods, Hollywood, Disneyland, and the list can go on. We Californians are pretty much laid back. We are proud of our state and all it has to offer:)
California is just more than the glizz of Hollywood and LA. There are vast ranges of land with rollings hills and have so many beautiful parks that are considered the best in world. So visit and explore:)
California is a gold medal winner in a number of categories. The state's farmers produced more than $27.5 billion in farm value in 2002. California has lead the nation in agricultural production for more than 50 years. California agriculture is a diverse blend of valleys, foothills, coastal areas and deserts where a bounty of high-quality agricultural products are grown.
Foreign buyers have a yen for California-grown commodities. In fact, the state is the leading farm exporter in the nation with $6.5 billion in agricultural exports in 2001. More than 2 million acres in the state produce for the export market led by almonds, cotton, wine, grapes, dairy products and oranges. Canada is the state's largest single customer, followed by Japan and Mexico.
If California were a country, it would be the sixth leading agricultural exporter in the world. The state's agricultural industry sells an average of $18.2 million in farm exports daily to destinations far and wide
Table grapes $395
Dairy products $322
Top Export Markets(in millions $)
European Union $1,024
China/Hong Kong $321
South Korea $278
Here are some great sites to check out:
Welcome To California
National Park Service of California
Here is a way to get a free guide to California Tourism:
While traveling along Highway 108, you pass through the heart of the Sierra Nevada mountian range. I can't tell you how beautiful and peaceful it is. Had to stop off and spend the night in a very small town called Bridgeport on our way to visit Bodie.
- Pros:The state of sunshine and opportunities:-)
- Cons:Hmmm, all states have their faults, you decide!
- In a nutshell:I am proud to be from California! Please visit us!
I agree that if your visiting LA with kids, you will need a car. No way around it. In Hollywood, there is the Hollywood... more travel advice
Recently we have been making little week road trips to different locations that are not far from where we live. Red Rock... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
California Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- "California - What More Do I Need To Say?"
- "Always on My Mind....California"
- "Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004"
- "The Regions of California"
- "GOLDEN STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in California
- Hotels in California
- Transportation in California
- Nightlife in California
- Restaurants in California
- Shopping in California
- Warnings and Dangers in California
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in California
- 2,208 Reviews
- 7,332 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 160 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to California?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in California
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: Vegas at Christmas"
- updated a California Travel Page "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- Wrote a Review Traveling with Kids to California~ about Information / Sources in California Things to Do
- Commented on one of marinarena's California travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cantil~Jawbone Canyon Vistor Center & Post Office"
Videos in CaliforniaSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 256 reviews, 894 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 97 reviews, 418 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 100 reviews, 326 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 90 reviews, 305 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 81 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 224 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (115)
Top California hotels
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9094 Reviews - 19127 Photos
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4336 Reviews - 8580 Photos
- San Diego Hotels
- 3050 Reviews - 6642 Photos
- Anaheim Hotels
- 702 Reviews - 1934 Photos
- Santa Barbara Hotels
- 647 Reviews - 1203 Photos
- Santa Monica Hotels
- 476 Reviews - 1051 Photos
- Monterey Hotels
- 912 Reviews - 2720 Photos
- Palm Springs Hotels
- 345 Reviews - 758 Photos
- Carmel-by-the-Sea Hotels
- 378 Reviews - 1052 Photos
- Napa Hotels
- 419 Reviews - 1142 Photos
- Marina del Rey Hotels
- 97 Reviews - 176 Photos
- Hollywood Hotels
- 428 Reviews - 1248 Photos
- Yosemite National Park Hotels
- 1486 Reviews - 3365 Photos
- Carlsbad Hotels
- 180 Reviews - 328 Photos
- Sausalito Hotels
- 139 Reviews - 331 Photos