"CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!" Top 5 Page for this destination California by Yaqui
California Travel Guide: 47,197 reviews and 114,131 photos
I'm a native California!
People make fun of California the state of fruits and nuts, a very derogative term, fail to realize that many Californians are transplants from other states who have migrated here to experience employment, the sunshine, beaches, surfing, skiing, hiking, fishing, famous mountain parks such as Yosemite and Giant Redwoods, Hollywood, Disneyland, and the list can go on. We Californians are pretty much laid back. We are proud of our state and all it has to offer:)
California is just more than the glizz of Hollywood and LA. There are vast ranges of land with rollings hills and have so many beautiful parks that are considered the best in world. So visit and explore:)
California agriculture experienced a nearly three percent increase in the sales value of its products in 2012. The state’s 80,500 farms and ranches received a record $44.7 billion for their output last year, up from $43.3 billion in 2011 and $37.9 billion during 2010. California remained the number one state in cash farm receipts with 11.3 percent of the US total. The state accounted for 15 percent of national receipts for crops and 7.1 percent of the US revenue for livestock and livestock products.
California’s agricultural abundance includes more than 400 commodities. The state produces nearly half of US-grown fruits, nuts and vegetables. Across the nation, US consumers regularly purchase several crops produced solely in California.
California’s top-ten commodities for 2012 are:
Milk — $6.9 billion
Grapes — $4.449 billion
Almonds — $4.347 billion
Nursery plants — $3.543 billion
Cattle, Calves — $3.299 billion
Strawberries — $1.939 billion
Lettuce — $1.448 billion
Walnuts — $1.349 billion
Hay — $1.237 billion
Tomatoes — $1.170 billion
Top Export Markets(in millions $)
2 European Union~2,214
3 China/Hong Kong~1,382
6 South Korea~577
8 United Arab Emirates~341
Here are some great sites to check out:
Welcome To California
National Park Service of California
Here is a way to get a free guide to California Tourism:
While traveling along Highway 108, you pass through the heart of the Sierra Nevada mountian range. I can't tell you how beautiful and peaceful it is. Had to stop off and spend the night in a very small town called Bridgeport on our way to visit Bodie.
- Pros:The state of sunshine and opportunities:-)
- Cons:Hmmm, all states have their faults, you decide!
- In a nutshell:I am proud to be from California! Please visit us!
Created as the 1991 as the Southern California Regional Rail Authority (SCRRA) in 1991 after acquiring over 200 miles of... more travel advice
This is a very wonderful place to visit for the family to educate them in the importance of animal conservation. It is a... more travel advice
Yaqui's Related Pages
California Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- "California - What More Do I Need To Say?"
- "Always on My Mind....California"
- "Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004"
- "The Regions of California"
- "GOLDEN STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in California
- Hotels in California
- Transportation in California
- Nightlife in California
- Restaurants in California
- Shopping in California
- Warnings and Dangers in California
- See All...
Badges & Stats in California
- 2,643 Reviews
- 9,434 Photos
- 52 Forum posts
- 171 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (200)
Have you been to California?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in California
- Posted in Travel Mammoth Lakes Forum "Re: Hiking in April"
- updated a California Travel Page "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Metrolink"
- Wrote a Review Metrolink about Trolley / Metro / Train in California Transportation
- Commented on one of Yaqui's California tips
Videos in CaliforniaSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 290 reviews, 1093 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 153 reviews, 538 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 102 reviews, 486 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 95 reviews, 345 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 308 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 97 reviews, 282 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 67 reviews, 275 photos